shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing the parents for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Sunday for lunch. We''re meeting his parents about half way as they live 2 hours from here. My mom has been on my last nerve all week so I''m wondering how I''m going to get through this. She calls me at work almost every day just to chat no matter how many times I tell her I am busy at work.

His mom and my mom are kinda similar in that they are talkers and complainers so I have no doubts they''ll get along. BF and I just don''t want to be around two women constantly moaning and complaining. I''m so glad it''s just for a few hours!!!

I feel a little guilty for feeling this way but really, both women can be super negative and I''m really trying to keep this as a happy time in my life and not let others bring me down as I have in the past. We have enough family drama with other situations going on. My poor stepdad is disabled and has alzheimers so he won''t be going to the lunch but I wish he could. He''s a really nice guy and when he does recognize or remember me I can tell we''d get along very well if he had more of his faculties.

Just venting....................

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Aw I feel for you! Our parents haven''t met either, but I think they''ll get along great so hopefully whenever that time comes it won''t be too painful.

Sending huge hugs your way about your stepdad. My nana had dementia and it was so heartbreaking to watch her slip away from us. So much love sent your way!

P
xxx

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Aww, it''ll be OK. I *just* went through this last Sunday, and I was a nervous wreck -- and my mom was naggy, too -- and everyone was happy in the end. Actually, my boyfriend and I were superfluous to the conversation, LOL

It''ll be awesome :)

katomm

Shiny_Rock
OMFG!!! I''m gonna strangle my mom. She and BF get their hair cut by the same person and my mom apparently was talking to the stylist telling her we''re getting married and stuff. BF sees the stylist tomorrow and she''s a real chatty Kathy so I just know she''s gonna badger him. This is so not good
7.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
LOL It''s going to be fine!

Just get it over with right?
3.gif

Uhmmm, by the way...I''ve wanted to ask you for a long time but I always forget: What is that in your avatar? It looks like ice cream but I know it''s not. Or is it?
9.gif
10.gif
5.gif
I honestly have no idea!!!

katomm

Shiny_Rock
LOL, I was wondering if anyone knew exactly what it was I was holding in that pic. It''s a hoya flower, or sometimes called lipstick flower. This one may be more clear or let you blow it up. It''s a very easy plant to maintain and since I have a brown thumb I''m always proud when it blooms.

P7140018.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 10:37:40 PM
Author: katomm
OMFG!!! I''m gonna strangle my mom. She and BF get their hair cut by the same person and my mom apparently was talking to the stylist telling her we''re getting married and stuff. BF sees the stylist tomorrow and she''s a real chatty Kathy so I just know she''s gonna badger him. This is so not good
7.gif
Well, you''ve bought your dress and other things for the wedding and your boyfriend knows about this, so...you ARE getting married. You''re engaged, even though he hasn''t given you the ring yet. Just give him a heads-up that the hairdresser knows about the wedding because your mom is excited about it and talked about it, and things should be fine. No need to stress!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Good luck this weekend I know how stressful parental interaction can be!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 7:07:55 AM
Author: katomm
LOL, I was wondering if anyone knew exactly what it was I was holding in that pic. It''s a hoya flower, or sometimes called lipstick flower. This one may be more clear or let you blow it up. It''s a very easy plant to maintain and since I have a brown thumb I''m always proud when it blooms.
Ahhhh yes, now I see it! How the hell did I see that as ice cream? LOL

Thanks hun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results