shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing the CVB Abby Solitaire!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have joined the CVB club! It all started with a discussion on whether we could take a pre-made setting and adjust it for my stone. Since it didn't work out, Caysie had a rose gold Elsa that would fit my stone. However, I wanted something more simpler. I ended up asking if the Abby style earrings could be converted to a solitaire. Caysie agreed that it could, and so the process started!

I wasn't expecting to do a custom reset at this time, but I was tiring of my temp setting with its overly thick prongs.

Working with Caysie was extremely easy. I was super surprised when she responded within hours of my initial email. I think that's why I ended up working with her - the process was very simple and she was very responsive to my questions. I wouldn't hesitate to use her again for future projects or to refer her to anyone else looking for a bespoke project.

The time the ring was out of my hands was only two weeks. My husband noticed right away that my ring wasn't on my finger...i's been like that since I lost my original wedding set somewhere in our house several years ago. Egads!

Since it's been back, I've managed to take some pictures, but haven't had the opportunity to take the glamour shots that others here do :) Hopefully, I can get that done now that the weekend is here!

And now...the CADs.

CVB CAD Top.jpg

CVB CAD Front.jpg

CVB CAD Angled Side.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since my new wedding band is rose gold, I went with palladium white gold. As you can see, it's an 8-prong setting, which should do well in protecting my stone from my clumsy ways, but are so delicate and fine enough to allow light to shine through the diamond.

The ring came in Tuesday morning, but I wasn't able to get home until after 9:00 p.m. that night.
Here are the shots in the pretty ring box provided by CVB.

IMG_4059.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4064.JPG

IMG_4074.JPG

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful :love:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very beautiful!!! I love how it transitioned into a ring. And I really like the height of the cathedral shoulders… Not to high not too low.

I'm curious… With your wedding band being rose gold, did you consider doing a rose gold ering band (leaving the head in white gold though)? Or did you always know that you wanted the bands different colors?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yimmers, your gorgeous AVR is stunning in that setting. :love::love::love:Absolutely shows it off. That high crown is delicious! Congratulations on finding it a new home. Caysie makes a killer delicate solitaire. I see nothing but ROCK in that setting.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PERFECTION!!! It's GORGEOUS!!!
WTG, CAYSIE!! :love::love::love:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I was just looking at her Abby earring settings! It looks perfect for your stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie is such a gifted artist. She makes the most simple settings special and elegant. I love it!:love:

Your stone is a 2 ct AVR, right? Gorgeous!!!

Last edited:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is perfection!:love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous setting and what a beautiful stone!!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the grace & elegance of your setting--a true classic! Congrats!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this setting, I really am starting to wants eing that sits on the finger the way this setting does! Congratulations!

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
:clap::clap:

Beautiful setting, Yimmers! I love love love the delicate prongs! Hopefully 8 prongs will be enough protection. :lol:

What are all the stats on the setting? What ring size are you now? What width did you go for for the top of the shank?

We are almost AVR twins, except mine is I color with slightly larger table! Still waiting to get the ring back from SK. :dance:

Congrats on joining the CVB club!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Austin, lknrvb4, kalmen 22, ac117, Matthews1127, ringo865, kayla17, m-2-b, Queenie60, tyty333, Alex T, sarahb, JDDN, Tekate, thank you!!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! I love Caysie and cannot wait for my new setting to be finished! :love:

I'm a solitare girl, so I just adore your setting!

Thanks, whitewave, can't wait to see yours as well! I used to have a solitaire with pave sidestones, but have found my tastes to be much more simpler as I've gotten older.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results