shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my new upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tygerlily

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking around this great site for awhile and finally decided to introduce myself and my new upgrade. I recently upgraded from an asscher/emerald cut 1.08c H VS2 to a 1.81c H VVS2. This upgrade was a gift from my husband for our 3 year wedding anniversary. My first ring was purchased online, it is GIA certified and beautiful, but this time around I really wanted to purchase a diamond in person. After much searching, mostly with diamond wholesalers in our area we came across this diamond. Although it is not GIA certified (it is EGL Europe) it was the prettiest one we had seen and believe me we saw lots-both GIA and EGL certified. It was just the best quality we had seen and the price was just right for our budget. I have had it looked at by 2 independent appraisers and they both agreed it is pretty close to what the cert says, with the exception of one appraiser who said the color is probably closer to an H than the G that is stated on the cert, I pretty much agree with him on that point, but that is just fine with me because my first ring was an H color and I love it. Anyways all in all I am so happy and excited with my new ring, I just hope it doesn''t start shrinking on me. At first I thought it was going to look too big, but the more I look at it, the more I start to look forward to my next upgrade . My husband wants to know if there is a support thread on this forum for husbands of wives who love to upgrade. This site has been so helpful and it''s great to know there are other people out there who enjoy their stones as much as I do mine.
Here is a pic of my new ring:

diamupg4.jpg

tygerlily

Rough_Rock
I''m kinda new at this posting pics thing so I''ll try to post some better ones later after I mess with them some more.

pmptrading

Rough_Rock
what happened to your old stone..... Upgrade..... you mean you traded the old stone in?

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
oooooohhh aaaaaahhhhh! It looks lovely and HUGE... some close up pics would be fab!!

tygerlily

Rough_Rock
I still have my old stone, wanted to keep it for sentimental reasons instead of trading it in. So I guess this is more of a new ring than an upgrade. Here is another pic, hopefully it turns out better:

psdiamup1.jpg

tygerlily

Rough_Rock
another one, lighting is a little off

psdiam2c.jpg

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
It''s gorgeous and it looks icy white! I love asschers
30.gif

The band is delicate and compliments it beautifully. Can we get a profile??

It''s a great size for you - enjoy it!
36.gif

tygerlily

Rough_Rock
Here is the closest thing I have to a side shot right now, the lighting gives the whole ring a kind of yellow hue, but it looks much better in person.

psdiam2d.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I LOVE your ring!! The stone is gorgeous, and the setting is perfect. Seriously.
30.gif

Congrats on your new ring! And I know you didn''t ask, but if it was me, I''d put your other stone in a pendant.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Tigerlily, your pictures are just incredible. I love those darker shots you posted, they make your stone look so mesmerizing!
Congrats on the new ring, it sure is beautiful!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning--congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

tygerlily

Rough_Rock
Thanks all, I love asschers they are so much fun to look at. I''ve been going dizzy trying to find my inclusions with my loop.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s BEAUTIFUL!! I love how the side seems to point to the stone. Congratulations!
36.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous asscher! and the setting is a perfect match for it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the upgrade. That asscher is positively stunning and I LOVE the setting!! Enjoy!!
30.gif

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely ring and a beautiful diamond! Congrats, enjoy wearing it! And that''s great that you were able to keep the origional diamond as well!
1.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!!!
30.gif
That look like the perfect size stone for your hand!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oooo! Your ring is beautiful! Lovely asscher!
Congratulations on your new beauty!
36.gif

What will you do with the first stone?

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring looks amazing
9.gif
Very icy white and the setting is amazing! I am glad you got to keep your original stone! Lucky girl!

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Congratulations.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely lovely - and the purrrrfect size for you! Congratulations!

tygerlily

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the kind compliments. So far most people I have talked to recommend using the first stone in a pendant, I like that idea. I have been daydreaming about someday getting a matching stone and having a gorgeous pair of diamond stud earrings.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting! And I agree that setting the first stone in a pendant will make a lovely compliment to your ring!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
lovely!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone and setting!
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a stunning Asscher! I love it!

Happy 3rd anniversary!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh, that''s pretty! I love the look of asschers.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2008 6:11:02 AM
Author:tygerlily
I have been lurking around this great site for awhile and finally decided to introduce myself and my new upgrade. I recently upgraded from an asscher/emerald cut 1.08c H VS2 to a 1.81c H VVS2. This upgrade was a gift from my husband for our 3 year wedding anniversary. My first ring was purchased online, it is GIA certified and beautiful, but this time around I really wanted to purchase a diamond in person. After much searching, mostly with diamond wholesalers in our area we came across this diamond. Although it is not GIA certified (it is EGL Europe) it was the prettiest one we had seen and believe me we saw lots-both GIA and EGL certified. It was just the best quality we had seen and the price was just right for our budget. I have had it looked at by 2 independent appraisers and they both agreed it is pretty close to what the cert says, with the exception of one appraiser who said the color is probably closer to an H than the G that is stated on the cert, I pretty much agree with him on that point, but that is just fine with me because my first ring was an H color and I love it. Anyways all in all I am so happy and excited with my new ring, I just hope it doesn''t start shrinking on me. At first I thought it was going to look too big, but the more I look at it, the more I start to look forward to my next upgrade . My husband wants to know if there is a support thread on this forum for husbands of wives who love to upgrade. This site has been so helpful and it''s great to know there are other people out there who enjoy their stones as much as I do mine.
Here is a pic of my new ring:
Don''t know of a support thread for the hubbies, but thanks for the laugh of the day!!
2.gif

Congratulations on your anniversary, and that is a beautiful ring!
36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Great, gorgeous stone. My first asscher was from EGL Europe and it had the most beautiful patterns of any of them, hands down. I don''t think you could have found a prettier stone anywhere, and I love the setting too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results