shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my antique Chunky Facet OEC Tranny!

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is..........finally!
1.4ct, 7mm stone, H, SI1.... sparkles with chunky facets. It's at least 90yrs old (ring and diamond) and it's a tranny. I was thinking of changing the setting to the 2620 or a Single Stone one, only because it is plain from the top view, but I love the fact that it's almost 100 yrs old and it's original to the stone. It's uncertified, I didn't want to disturb the setting. Jeweler believes the color and clarity might be higher/better than stated. It has a lot of fire and looks like a white dot on my finger / much sparkle. I wasn't planning on an antique stone, but I definitely was not in love with any modern cut stones. Of course I love ALL diamonds :love: but nothing got me like this one.
Anyway, please give me honest opinions of the stone/ring.....thank you!! :wavey:

rose_diamond_2.jpg

rose_diamond_3.jpg

ring_side3.jpg

daisy_ring.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love LOVE!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. It is so classy and elegant looking.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! I love that it is in its original setting....that makes it extra special IMPO....we need handshots please!

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
its lovely! i would leave it in that setting, its to perfect to mess with!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love a chunky Tranny. I think the ring and stone are beeeuuuutttiiiffuuuulll. An entirely charming combo. Especially those tab like prongs. Yum!!!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
OMG it's beautiful! The is gorgeous and the setting just lovely - I wouldn't change it either. Nice size too.

Enjoy!

Added: Do you mind me asking where you sourced such a beauty?

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very lovely, I would leave it in the setting.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't change a thing! :love:

LvMyOMC

Rough_Rock
The diamond and the setting are just gorgeous! You got a beauty!

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much! I love how the diamond looks like a drop of water and firey but glassy from certain side angles. I always looked for settings and wrote off old cuts because I never saw one I really liked - i didn't want a small table - and then i came across this and never even heard of trannies. I wasn't going to buy the setting , just the stone, but glad I did. Would you guys ever change your setting? The only thing is this fits perfectly with my ring. I guess I should leave it be then. I just get sucked in with these gorgeous settings i see on other girls :love: with sparkly sides and engraving - so pretty from all angles. U know?

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty, the diamond is just beautiful, especially atop the pink flowers!

I really like the setting, the side diamonds give it some extra bling...and while it is an antique, it has a timeless look to it and there are many 'new' rings with this same look and feel....it is really beautifully done!

I know how you feel though, my e-ring is also an antique and I've thought about changing it out for something fancier...but I hate to do that too....so I am keeping mine as is for now.

Thanks for sharing, it is really beautiful! =) More pics too!

stci

Ideal_Rock
I love love your ring! Soooo beautiful! Congratulations for this beauty! :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so beautiful :love: ! I love transitional diamonds and this setting is gorgeous! Wear it in good health :)) .

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Please dont change it! That setting is beautiful, and i love the profile!!

eta, if you want engraving, perhaps a skilled benchperson can add some to the sides?

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous!!! I too, love that it is 90 years old. Congratulations!! :appl:

nikkikeith

Rough_Rock
it is so charming and beautiful and you captured it in the photos so well..

any chance of hand shots? :naughty:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Yessss! Hand shot would be great! Please!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am in love with this ring! I would love to know if you kept the setting or changed it out.... Oh, and handshots are a MUST!!!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
First off let me say congrats on your find, that stone is just breath taking, wear it in good health, I don't know if you're still around I sure hope you are. As for you're setting............ I NEARLY FELL OFF MY CHAIR!!! When I saw it. You see my wounderful husband told me he wanted to get me a ring for our 30th aniversary March 18, I politely asked him if it was ok that I picked it out myself (without breaking the bank of course :lol: ) So I searched high and low to no avail, just couldn't find anything I liked. My son's friend offered us a stone he had a half carat f vvs2 stone ( I wanted maybe a 1 carat, but it looked very nice so I agreed) so I decided to have my setting custom made are you ready for this........... Sorry I did not want to highjack you're thread but wow! We have a very similar setting, ok my ring may not be as blingy or breathtaking as yours but I was really taken aback (in a good way) to see that there is a very similar setting out there and it's 90 years old and I thought I was being original. Mine idea actually came from 2 rings i liked and just put what I liked together and came up with this.

Sorry this was so long, congrats again on your find.

Anna

IMG_0452.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ohh how did I miss this!?

The faceting looks lovely, from what I can tell!! And how awesome to have a *truly* old piece, with so much history :bigsmile:

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Is that a JBEG special?? I seem to remember admiring that one somewhere... :love: It is gorgeous. Don't change a thing!

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! It looks so bright white on sunny days. Months passed since my orig post....I am thinking about consigning it/selling it only because I think I need a beefier setting and cannot bring myself to alter this original ring......How would I do this?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
don't change a thing! a true beauty!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning find!

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Thy i was thinking of getting a new ring? so i can get a new setting..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are really wanting to sell it you can consign it with Jewels by Erica Grace or PS will now have a selling forum that should be up and running soon so that might be an option for you too. Its a beautiful ring so I'm sure you will be able to find a buyer :))

lvcushion

Rough_Rock
Where did you find this ring? It is beautiful!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The diamond and setting are absolutely beautiful!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! The setting looks great with the stone! :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results