shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing Millie, my CvB band inspired by my Grandmother’s wedding ring!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
spectacular! wow. beautiful set, beautiful stones!!! congrats GREAT TASTE!
Thank you so much! I think Caysie did an incredible job with interpreting my vision. I’m super impressed!

Oh my goodness! I've been waiting to see your beautiful band but haven't checked PS in a while! What a surprise to see it here! Its spectacular! First, just love that it was inspired by your grandmother's lovely band. I also love how the shapes work with your Eleanor! Millie is so delicate yet the amount of detail is astonishing! Can't stop looking at your photographs!
Yay! I’m glad you got to check it out. And thank you so much! I’m having fun doing the photo shoots. She’s quite photogenic. :mrgreen2:

What a wonderful story and beautiful ring. I love the set together. Amazing!
Thank you! I am gonna be honest, I did have some moments of wonder about how they would go together and fit together. But as soon as I put them both on, it was like they were meant to be! :kiss2:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE how you took a family piece you can't wear daily and created a new ring to PERFECTLY compliment your e ring. The design/copy of your Grandmother's ring is very impressive. :D

Millie is lovely in her own right too.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting those videos!! You sure know how to torture a girl, lol. Honestly, your set could not be more deliciously perfect! The proportions, sparkle, and exquisiteness of all the vintage details are just heavenly. :kiss2:

I heard back from Caysie and the price of a ring exactly like yours is sadly well above my budget. I get it, though -- between the delicacy of the workmanship and the fact that the frenchies came from Yoram, I am sure Millie is worth every penny and then some! I may ask her for her thoughts on how to economize, i.e. maybe use 14K YG and regular ole rounds instead of french cuts, and see if that makes a dent. But I have the feeling I'll have to resign myself to enjoying your photos and fantasizing what it would be like to own such a beauty!!!!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOVE how you took a family piece you can't wear daily and created a new ring to PERFECTLY compliment your e ring. The design/copy of your Grandmother's ring is very impressive. :D

Millie is lovely in her own right too.
That is so sweet, thank you! I am thrilled that I can clearly see the inspiration in Millie, but also that others (PSers who have seen both rings) can see it too. I have always loved my Grandmother's ring, but to have one that reminds me of hers but that is my own is special in its own way.

Thank you for posting those videos!! You sure know how to torture a girl, lol. Honestly, your set could not be more deliciously perfect! The proportions, sparkle, and exquisiteness of all the vintage details are just heavenly. :kiss2:

I heard back from Caysie and the price of a ring exactly like yours is sadly well above my budget. I get it, though -- between the delicacy of the workmanship and the fact that the frenchies came from Yoram, I am sure Millie is worth every penny and then some! I may ask her for her thoughts on how to economize, i.e. maybe use 14K YG and regular ole rounds instead of french cuts, and see if that makes a dent. But I have the feeling I'll have to resign myself to enjoying your photos and fantasizing what it would be like to own such a beauty!!!!
Bummer, but I understand. It really is a very detailed ring so I get why the cost is what it is, especially with six custom frenchies too. But I wonder if making it in all platinum (cheaper than gold right now, as I understand it) and going with all single cut rounds would help? Or even 14k YG/platinum might help. I went with 18k because that's what Eleanor is. I am sure Caysie would have some ideas. Hopefully y'all can make it work because I'd love for you to be able to have one too.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bummer, but I understand. It really is a very detailed ring so I get why the cost is what it is, especially with six custom frenchies too. But I wonder if making it in all platinum (cheaper than gold right now, as I understand it) and going with all single cut rounds would help? Or even 14k YG/platinum might help. I went with 18k because that's what Eleanor is. I am sure Caysie would have some ideas. Hopefully y'all can make it work because I'd love for you to be able to have one too.
You're so sweet. =)2 And platinum is cheaper than gold right now?? Interesting! I will definitely inquire with Caysie!! (though the two-tone aspect is one of the things I love most about Millie)

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You're so sweet. =)2 And platinum is cheaper than gold right now?? Interesting! I will definitely inquire with Caysie!! (though the two-tone aspect is one of the things I love most about Millie)
Yep, crazy, huh? I just looked up prices for today and this it what I found:
  • Platinum Price Per 1 Ounce $834.90 USD
  • Gold Price per 1 Ounce $1,200.50 USD

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, crazy, huh? I just looked up prices for today and this it what I found:
  • Platinum Price Per 1 Ounce $834.90 USD
  • Gold Price per 1 Ounce $1,200.50 USD
OF COURSE gold is more expensive than platinum right when I'm jonesing for a yellow-gold band!! o_O Just my luck! :eek2: :boohoo:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OF COURSE gold is more expensive than platinum right when I'm jonesing for a yellow-gold band!! o_O Just my luck! :eek2: :boohoo:

Too bad you couldn't just find some undesirable pieces made of YG to have recycled for it. I don't think it works that way, right? Like a trade-in program? ;)2

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too bad you couldn't just find some undesirable pieces made of YG to have recycled for it. I don't think it works that way, right? Like a trade-in program? ;)2
The couple of times I've asked local jewelers about doing this, they always seemed reluctant because the integrity of the boiled-down or re-purposed metal is less solid/strong than if they started from scratch. Or something like that! But maybe I just haven't worked with the right jewelers!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Millie is gorgeous; all of your rings looks fabulous! Enjoy. :wavey:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The set looks perfect! Congratulations !

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Platinum is more difficult for jewelers to work with so the yellow gold is probably cheaper. o_O

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, this video of your rings together.... :love::love::love:

I could DIVE into that diamond & I cannot believe how perfect your band is. Every single detail is just.... urgh, just GORGEOUS!! Definitely my new favourites & lust after set :appl:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gosh, this video of your rings together.... :love::love::love:

I could DIVE into that diamond & I cannot believe how perfect your band is. Every single detail is just.... urgh, just GORGEOUS!! Definitely my new favourites & lust after set :appl:
Aww, you’re so kind, @Alex T. Thank you! I’m very, very pleased with how Millie came out and how well she partners with her new BFF.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your rings are amazing!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

justpeachy

Shiny_Rock
oh my goodness how beautiful! she captured the essence of your grandmother's ring perfectly. SO special. Congrats!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness how beautiful! she captured the essence of your grandmother's ring perfectly. SO special. Congrats!
Thank you! And I love your friend in your avatar! Have I introduced you to Ruckus Bogart? He lives up to the name!
D11916DF-2649-41BC-AEBE-3EDF47C1BB1C.jpeg fullsizeoutput_17.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results