shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing 2.40 J SI insurance replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Your new ring is absolutely gorgeous Jill! That is one big rock!

I like your idea of shaving down the shank, and think that you'll see a noticeable difference in the size of the head that way. My ring is also a size 6.5 and it's on a 2mm band. My diamond is nowhere near your size, but I still think the head looks pretty big. I also have a 6-prong head though, so maybe that helps a bit too.

Let us know what you decide! Either way, leaving it as-is or shaving down the shank, I don't think you can go wrong!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 9:33:48 AM
Author: Laila619
Yes! I think shaving it down a bit could really make that huge rock pop! It''s tough though, because on the other hand it does look really balanced as is with your wedding band.

You expressed my thoughts exactly! For what it''s worth, though, this isn''t my forever wband. It''s actually not even my original wband at all, just a diamond band that I liked paired with my solitaire for now. I have decided that I like the look of a diamond band with a solitaire. If I don''t go the halo route, then I''ll probably get a new 3/4 or full eternity band.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 10:23:23 AM
Author: sandyandisaac
Your new ring is absolutely gorgeous Jill! That is one big rock!

I like your idea of shaving down the shank, and think that you'll see a noticeable difference in the size of the head that way. My ring is also a size 6.5 and it's on a 2mm band. My diamond is nowhere near your size, but I still think the head looks pretty big. I also have a 6-prong head though, so maybe that helps a bit too.

Let us know what you decide! Either way, leaving it as-is or shaving down the shank, I don't think you can go wrong!

Thanks for your thoughts! Your diamond does look bigger, and I think it is due to the 6 prong setting. Do you know who made your setting? It looks A LOT like my original ering setting, which a local jeweler ordered from a company called Roseco.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 11:13:20 AM
Author: jill_s

Thanks for your thoughts! Your diamond does look bigger, and I think it is due to the 6 prong setting. Do you know who made your setting? It looks A LOT like my original ering setting, which a local jeweler ordered from a company called Roseco.

I got my setting from a local jeweler in Austin, and I believe it might just have been ordered from Roseco, though I can't say for sure. The inside has an inscription that says "rl 950 pd" (it's palladium). They only had a 4-prong version of the setting in the store, so I asked the jeweler to order a 6-prong version for me, and I'm really glad I did. One of my friends said that it makes the head look like a flower.

That would be pretty cool if I have the same setting as your original!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!!!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous, jill! a stunner. :)

i''d leave it as is - in my opinion you dont need the halo, if finger coverage is your issue. that looks like one sizable rock!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring!!! And your rock is huuuuuge!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
BEAUTIFUL ring. Your stone has a good amount of flouresence as well, and that prolly helps ALOT with the yellow tint. It looks like a H to me!!
BTW, flouresence in a stone over G color is a good thing IMO!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett, princessplease, Snicklefritz, chiquitapet, Bliss, acebruin - thanks so much!

sandyandisaac - so crazy about us having the same setting - my original was in platinum and with 4 prongs, but I thought the shank of your ring looked awfully familiar!

Whitby - thanks for your thoughts on leaving it as is. Sometimes I feel like I need a reality check after spending so much time here!

RockHugger - the crazy part about it is that my stone isn''t fluorescent at all! My new avatar pic was actually taken in diffused sunlight, my back was to a window when I took that shot. That''s my absolute favorite diamond viewing environment. I only say that, because I would have LOVED to have had some blue fluorescence!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning replacement! Another vote for no halo. It is perfect as is.
30.gif
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2010 9:15:32 PM
Author: tigian
Absolutely stunning replacement! Another vote for no halo. It is perfect as is.
30.gif
30.gif
Ditto!
36.gif

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/28/2010 5:09:14 PM
ckrickett, princessplease, Snicklefritz, chiquitapet, Bliss, acebruin - thanks so much!

sandyandisaac - so crazy about us having the same setting - my original was in platinum and with 4 prongs, but I thought the shank of your ring looked awfully familiar!

Whitby - thanks for your thoughts on leaving it as is. Sometimes I feel like I need a reality check after spending so much time here!

RockHugger - the crazy part about it is that my stone isn''t fluorescent at all! My new avatar pic was actually taken in diffused sunlight, my back was to a window when I took that shot. That''s my absolute favorite diamond viewing environment. I only say that, because I would have LOVED to have had some blue fluorescence!
Really?! Is it certified and say that? I swear I see flourescence!!

Anywho, it is beautiful!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
It''s soooo white.

If would look gorgeous in a halo.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

pinki

Shiny_Rock
VERY pretty! I really like it. As far as a halo...I''d say do it, but then again I''d halo anything. hehehehe....
31.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I think that your set is perfect as it is!!
30.gif

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 10:32:42 PM
Author: RockHugger
Date: 1/28/2010 5:09:14 PM

Really?! Is it certified and say that? I swear I see flourescence!!

Anywho, it is beautiful!

RockHugger, yes the diamond is GIA certified and the cert says no fluorescence. I also had it appraised, and the appraiser used a black light which showed no fluor. I wish it had some, though!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
tigian, diamondseeker2006, Po10472, LisaRN, pinki, Luckyeshe - thanks for your compliments and thoughts. I still haven''t decided on the halo, I think I may live with the ring for a while (a few months at least) before I make my final decision. I did decide, however, to send the ring back to WF to have the shank shaved down just a bit. The band was just a little wider than I liked. I will post more pictures when I get it back!

KerriLynn

Rough_Rock
It''s lovely!! So white and sparkly, congratulations!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, what a sparkler! You must have been thrilled to receive it. FWIW I think it flows really well with your band. Wear it in good health :)

joflier

Ideal_Rock
What a monster rock!!! It looks great!
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
WOW it''s beautiful! Looks great on your hand!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and BIG!! Wow!
30.gif

Enjoy your new "forever" stone.
2.gif
9.gif

Cachette
1.gif

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
So after thinking about it, I decided to send my ring back to WF to have them shave down the shank to around 2mm wide. It started out as 2.5mm, and I just wasn''t 100% happy. I just picked up the ring today, and I''m THRILLED with how it turned out. It''s amazing how such a little detail really made me fall in love with my ring. I had been thinking of having it reset, but now I''m really happy with it how it is. A thinner shank really does make the stone *pop*! Here are a couple of the WF pics of the new, thinner shank.
30.gif
30.gif

Jills021010a.jpg

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh, perfect! Just goes to show that you shouldn''t settle if it''s not exactly what you want. This is much more of the visual proportions I had in mind with center stone and band width. Silly detail, I know, but important to me! Only a PSer would notice or care!
2.gif

JillS021010c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results