shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing---1/2 of my soon-to-be AVC studs!

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
A few months ago, I spent some time with Jon at Good Old Gold and fell head-over-chunky-flashy-cushion-heels in love with August Vintage Cushions and Rounds. Sadly, this event signaled the beginning of the end of my love affair with my round brilliant studs. My little sparklers were gorgeous, of course, and white, white, white (.55 ea, F, VS2s). But every time I put them on, I heard little AVC voices shouting "we could be flashing so much more boldly!", "we would be such a lovely shade of vanilla in this light!". And one day, after a lot of deliberation (and a LOT of time on www.goodoldgold.com and Vimeo....), I decided to sell my little white sparklers so that I could buy some warm little chunkaroos. Last week, I spotted a brand new little AVC (http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7959/) that was just begging to be adopted in place of my round brilliant sparklers. I reserved that puppy, got on the phone with Good Old Gold, and was assured that they could cut another AVC to match in two months.

And less than 48 hours later, I am the proud AVC Mommy of this little guy. He is currently set into a pendant so I can enjoy him for a few months while waiting for his brother-stone to be cut.

Warning: while a thread may be worthless without pics, these pics may be worthless as well. I never realized just how difficult it was to photograph stones! I also never realized how absolutely dirty stones get (or appear to be when magnified).

IMG_1145.jpg

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
And a few more pictures...
I can definitely see a little warmth in certain lighting (in a diner w/ awful fluorescent lighting, for example, and when the stone is placed directly onto a stark white surface) but it is surprisingly white in most settings. The picture of the AVC sitting right below my .33ct F color bezel pendant (nice size comparison) was taken in a bright room lit only with sunlight.

I was a little concerned that the K might look extra warm on me because my skin is nearly the color of printer paper, but I'm loving the look so far.

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1162.JPG

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
YAYAYYAYAYYYAYAY!

It's gorgeous! And I love the size. To me .88 is perfect. I have .41 and .42 AVC studs and I could def go higher. And .88 is an excellent way to keep it under 1 carat and the 1 carat price. OoooooOOOO I'm so excited for you!!!!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I absolutely love it! I love it as a pendant!!! :love: This place is killing me because I REALLY want an AVC!!! I just bought two AV rounds for earrings. I think the AV stones are really what I love the most! Congrats!!! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I love the chuncky facets of AVC!

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
--MissyDebby--THANK YOU!!! Your perfect .41/.42 earshots are what made me pull the trigger on this little guy. They looked fabulous on you (though I know you mentioned that they might not be blingy enough)! My RB studs were .55 each so this AVC (which is actually only .5mm larger than the .55cts despite being .85ct) looks great when I hold it up to my ear (which I've done oh so many times since Saturday!). And dropping down to a K was the only way I'd ever have been able to purchase such a large stone, so very happy that the warmth isn't a huge issue.

--Diamondseeker2006--Thank you! And congrats to your AVR purchase!!! Can you post some pictures??? I am still a teensy bit torn about the AVC vs AVR for earrings dilemma and would love to see your studs. Aren't the AVs just amazing?? For me, they knock all other cuts out of the park!

--tyty333--Thank you!! I love the facets also. It is such an interesting look when compared to my RBs. The flashes of light really are so bold and chunky :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My AV rounds are at the jeweler now being set. I should get them back later this week and I'll definitely be posting pictures! It is a hard decision. I love the AVC's equally, but I think I want one of those for a ring or pendant (if I win the lottery or something!).

I just posted a thread with some antique style settings, fyi. Not sure they have ones that will accommodate smaller cushions, though, unless they'd go in the round settings like mine. You'd have to ask. Is your current pendant setting round in the back? If so, it could be set in the round earring settings.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
That's gorgeous!!!

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006 said:
My AV rounds are at the jeweler now being set. I should get them back later this week and I'll definitely be posting pictures! It is a hard decision. I love the AVC's equally, but I think I want one of those for a ring or pendant (if I win the lottery or something!).

I just posted a thread with some antique style settings, fyi. I think the first ones like I got would accommodate cushions in the square version, maybe the round...you'd have to ask a jeweler or GOG to be sure.

I can't wait to see your AVRs! I think there are a lot of fantastic AVC/R pieces coming back from the jewelers soon on pricescope. I am thinking about doing a milgrain bezel setting for my AVCs once the pair is completed. Though, after looking at my own pictures of the AVC and my bezel pendant, I wonder whether a bezel might block out too much light and darken the appearance of the AVC.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think these stones are cut so that the light is reflected from the face of the stone, so you are probably fine with milgrain bezels. But ask Jon to be absolutely sure. I am still considering a smaller pair of AV rounds to put in milgrain bezels, but my wishlist is bigger than my bank account!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, it's gorgeous! I can't wait to see it's mate!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Heavens that's so pretty. I want one too!

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
--Yennyfire-thank you! I also cannot wait for its mate.
--Sandycheeks-I think you should get one also! In fact, I think everyone should have an AVC! :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! There is only one problem.... now that you have seen how gorgeous it looks as a pendent, you might have to get
2 more stones! One for a earring match and another for a pendant! How will you give it up as a necklace!

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
luv2sparkle|1295966134|2832539 said:
It's beautiful! There is only one problem.... now that you have seen how gorgeous it looks as a pendent, you might have to get
2 more stones! One for a earring match and another for a pendant! How will you give it up as a necklace!

I know! I had that same thought myself. I will definitely be wearing this pendant every day until its match arrives and will be sad to send it off to become an earring. Unfortunately (or fortunately...), there is absolutely no way I'd be able to purchase a third ( :loopy: ) AVC anytime soon!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Looking forward to seeing its twin!

Cachette :))

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how I love that!!!! :appl: :appl:

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Cachette and Dani! I will definitely post its twin, though 2 months seems like an eternity away at this point...

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
AnaSpark|1295882908|2831366 said:
I was a little concerned that the K might look extra warm on me because my skin is nearly the color of printer paper, but I'm loving the look so far.

As one who can sympathize, this comment cracked me up! :lol:

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is going to be some set of earrings!! It's so fun that you get to enjoy the pendant in the meantime.
Definitely keep us posted! And I completely empathize with 2 months being an eternity!!
I have totally fallen for these AVCs and AVRs.

AnaSpark

Rough_Rock
NeverEndingUpgrade--Haha, thank you! And nice to hear that someone else is in my position. I'm usually the only one toting the SPF 100 on vacations! Isn't it great to know that we can wear lower color stones??

LoveStreet--I cannot wait for the earring set to be complete, but it was SUCH a good idea (thank you Good Old Gold) to have the stone set into an inexpensive pendant. I wear it constantly! I keep going back to your thread over and over to gaze at your AVC. Setting + stone are just perfection. Considering how often I pull my pendant up to stare down at it (which, I should warn, will leave you quite dizzy), I can't imagine how you are leaving the house with that blingtastic creation on your finger; I would wander aimlessly down the sidewalk with my hand in front of my face.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results