shape
carat
color
clarity

Int''l ring insurance? Chubb agent recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
A friend needs to insurance a ring for $4,100. Any leads? My agent will only handle rings over 10k. We tried David Stone in Florida but they don''t handle ring insurance anymore. I''d prefer Chubb, just from what I''ve read. State Farm won''t insurance internationally - his fiance lives in Venuzuela.

coccochanel27

Rough_Rock
Don''t use Allstate. I don''t even know if they insure internationally, but my rings were stolen and I have Allstate. It''s a MESS!!! i am forced to deal with their replacement dealer and it''s a headache!

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
can I jump on this thread?? I''d also love to know the best place to insure Jewelry in Canada ( I want to insure apart from my homeowners ), and what would be the estimated premiums on a 21k ring??

Thanks!!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
^^^
Sure, the more the merrier.

I should add the bride to be is not a US resident but the groom to be is.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Just a friendly bump in case someone has any ideas... Poor guy is flying out on Friday and already nervous about carrying the ring around.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Have you checked out the insurance resource on the WF site? Supposedly it's an entree to Chubb, but this may not be a quick process; not sure. Also, ostensibly, it's just a "link," and the diamond could have been bought anywhere.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 5:13:21 PM
Author: Apocalypse
can I jump on this thread?? I''d also love to know the best place to insure Jewelry in Canada ( I want to insure apart from my homeowners ), and what would be the estimated premiums on a 21k ring??

Thanks!!

Working on that now to establish some contacts for insuring standalone in Canada.....

I''ll post once that is set up.

Rockdoc

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 5:37:26 PM
Author: winternight
^^^
Sure, the more the merrier.

I should add the bride to be is not a US resident but the groom to be is.

That MAY be a little "sticky" as insurance is rated based on where the ring will be. However, if she is moving here shortly, there may be a way around that.

Chubb won''t insure an item this small, but if there are other items that would bring the total coverage over $ 10-13K they might consider it as a US policy, if some of the items will be kept here.

There could be some other good insurance available too.

Have your person contact me, and I''ll try to help.

Rockdoc

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,

Not meaning to thread jack but RockDoc pls do post about insurance in Canada I put up a thread a while back and nobody was able to give me any info. I''m really interested in getting stand alone insurance for my new e-ring and it is over 10k if that makes a diff.
Thanks sorry again to thread jack!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results