shape
carat
color
clarity

Interview tomorrow -- wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I have an interview tomorrow for basically a dream job to me -- pharma sales rep -- wish me luck! I know most people sort of bomb on their first pharma sales interviews, so I''m really hoping that it goes well. I''ve been preparing for a long time, and hopefully I''ll land another interview!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 9:55:45 PM
Author:*~Sweetpea~*
I have an interview tomorrow for basically a dream job to me -- pharma sales rep -- wish me luck! I know most people sort of bomb on their first pharma sales interviews, so I''m really hoping that it goes well. I''ve been preparing for a long time, and hopefully I''ll land another interview!
Good luck Sweetpea!!! Sending PS fairy dust your way!!!
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sweet Pea,
Tell yourself you can do it!!! Crossing my fingers! YOU WILL DO GREAT
36.gif
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck SweetPea! You''re gonna do great!!!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers crossed and positive job thoughts coming your way!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!
emthup.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck Sweetpea!
36.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Sweetpea, today is the day. I''m wishing you all the luck in the world and hope you get your dream job. Keep us posted.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited b/c the interview went really well! The manager even told me so, and said that there is nothing that concerned him at all, and that he felt that I was intelligent and had a great personality and would be great for the job...but, he still had 3 interviews that day so obviously could not promise anything.

I really really really hope that I get this job. A lot of you know that i have been struggling with my current position because I just do not like it a tall and they do not keep me busy enough or challenge me enought. I prepped so much for it and I just need something with more DIRECTION than I have now, and I really don't want to be interviewing and everything anymore...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad it went well, will keep my fingers crossed for you sweetpea. Don''t forget to write that thank you letter!!!
2.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the good interview! Keeping my fingers crossed for you
1.gif
!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck, knock ''em dead!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Wonderful news SweetPea! Sending good vibes!!!!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Good luck!
9.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I have my fingers crossed for you, SP!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, guys -- I''m totally keeping my fingers crossed!

Today is my bday also, so hopefully I''ll get some good news...they said I could possibly hear as early as today...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 9:04:41 AM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*
Thanks, guys -- I''m totally keeping my fingers crossed!

Today is my bday also, so hopefully I''ll get some good news...they said I could possibly hear as early as today...
Wouldn''t that make a great present?! Happy Bday!
emcake.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
so far I haven''t heard anything...don''t know if that''s a bad thing...I know it''s soon but he told me I could know as early as today...I just hate not knowing and feeling in limbo...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 1:13:40 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*
so far I haven''t heard anything...don''t know if that''s a bad thing...I know it''s soon but he told me I could know as early as today...I just hate not knowing and feeling in limbo...
No news is good news!!! Happy Birthday Sweetpea, hoping you find out some great news today!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
More good vibes your way - waiting is the hardest part!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
ARGH. Still no word...the reason I'm anticipating it so much already is b/c the start date would be the 18th, so I am assuming they'd tell me (if I am hired) by the end of the day today. I'm still keeping my fingers and toes crossed for this job, although I'm thinking that if they were that enthusiastic about me they prob would have already called me. The job search thing is just totally getting me down, I don't want to have to keep sending out my resume and working for a company that I don't like.

Also, had kind of a crappy bday yesterday. Just had a crap day and one of my coworkers said that she thinks they were planning a suprise for my bday (she's uber nosy--and to be honest I was thinking to myself, I hope that they don't b/c I dont want to have to go out to lunch with all them or anything) and then they didnt...which at first I was happy about b/c I didn't want to do anything with them for my bday, but then my feelings felt a little hurt b/c that meant someone decided that they wouldn't and that they thought about it. I have a good working relationship with everyone, but I'm not friends with anyone and we're super busy here this week but it still kinda hurt. I wish she'd never mentioned anything b/c I didn't even wnat them to do anything...I didnt even want them to know it was my bday.

Then I got home, and FI was on the computer, and didn't even say hi. So I went in the other room and he emerged an hour or so later to walk the dog then went back to work. He didn't say happy bday or anything (he gave me his present the night before b/c he couldnt wait -- he got me a really nice digital camera, and he was excited b/c he knew I really wanted one and would not expect it). Went the whole night without him saying happy bday, offering to cook anything or really do anything. He could tell after a few hours that I was upset, and he was like "oh, do you want to go to dinner or something?" Then I got even more upset (I didn't tell him that though) b/c I was thinking to myself, I appreciate the present, but I was really hoping that you'd at least set some time aside to plan something, even something super little like some wine and he and I time, but he didnt. It's just like he gave me the gift, so now he didn't have to think about it for another year.

Plus I was over sensitive b/c of the job thing and the bad day at work and everything. I told him I'm not ungrateful, but I was hoping that he'd have planned some "us" time.

I didn't make a huge deal out of it to him...I mean the camera was expensive, and I didn't want to make him feel bad, I just kind of felt bad b/c he didnt' do anything special for my bday and I always take him to dinner, cook dinner, bake a cake or do something for him on his bday in addition to buying him a gift. Heck, I always pay to take him to dinner at least 3 times a month. I just thought maybe he'd plan something a bit more creative.

Anyways, that's my bad day haha. It's not like he did anything wrong, but I was kind of hoping he'd do something...

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
awe, sorry you had a bad day
8.gif
. Happy belated birthday though!

I don''t think that not hearing anything necessarily means you don''t have the job. Maybe the start date has been pushed back?

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Robbie!

Today is already starting to look up a little...I found out that I''m actually getting a good amount of money back from my taxes...I tried to do them myself and was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

Still no word from the interview...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hang in there SP...sometimes companies can take FOREVER to get back to you even if they say they want to move fast. i have had companies take 2-3 months to bring me on board even though in the interview it was like ''oh, this is a top priority position''. sometimes you just have to wait for what you really want, if you really want it that is!!
1.gif
if it''s meant to be, it will happen!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey SP,

Sorry the b-day wasn''t so great. It can take forever to make hiring decisions, so just hang in there!

~K

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry that your bday wasn''t what you were hoping for, SP. Hang in there -- I hope that they''ll get back to you soon.

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
SP def hang in there I know how tough it can be.... I started a job on Monday of this week, and I applied for it in May of 2005!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Happy belated Birthday!
emotion-19.gif
Sorry it didnt turn out the way you wanted though. Your FI needs a bonk on the head. Anyway, goodluck with your job hunt, hopefullly they will get back to you soon.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the advice and well wishes!!! I got the job!!!!! I''m starting the 18th, and I gave my notice here at work (the boss actually is letting me leave at teh end of next week rather than staying the extra 2 days for a full 2 weeks -- it''s easier b/c we get paid on the 15th for me to leave then anyways).

I''m soooooooooooooooooooooo psyched!!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results