shape
carat
color
clarity

Interview coming up -- good or bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I've finally landed a job interview for a pharma sales position! I am really excited, but nervous b/c I have 4 competitors and they may have experience, although th eposition does not require it, and may prefer that you do not have pharma sales experience because they want to train you their way.

Anyways...getting to the point.

For this interview, I'm working on compiling a "brag book" which the person interviewing me tol dme to have. I had this idea, and am not sure if it's a good one-- to send him ahead of time a word document of my brag book complete with a clickable link table of contents to look through before meeting with me.

Do you think this could be advantageous, or a waste of my time if he will not read it--would he think of this as a good thing?

Also, he's a manager working from home who is interviewing me on behalf of the district manager...I don't suppose I should also send one to the district manager, or to the recruiter I'm working with?

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
Hey Sweetpea,

I have a portfolio of things that I bring to the interview. This way when they ask me for writing sample I can pull one out immediately. Or perhaps they ask me for a creative writing lessonplan, I flip open the binder immediately and can talk about it.

I would print out your word documents and assemble them in a binder or something like it. Then wow them during the interview by giving them specific examples of things you''ve done. I tend to think that if you email it, he''d
1. not have time to look at it, like you''ve mentioned
2. go over it with a fine tooth comb

Once you have your brag book, you can bring it to all other interviews.

let us know how it goes!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 3:23:32 AM
Author: Trelala
Hey Sweetpea,

I have a portfolio of things that I bring to the interview. This way when they ask me for writing sample I can pull one out immediately. Or perhaps they ask me for a creative writing lessonplan, I flip open the binder immediately and can talk about it.

I would print out your word documents and assemble them in a binder or something like it. Then wow them during the interview by giving them specific examples of things you''ve done. I tend to think that if you email it, he''d
1. not have time to look at it, like you''ve mentioned
2. go over it with a fine tooth comb

Once you have your brag book, you can bring it to all other interviews.

let us know how it goes!
Thanks Trelala for teh advice...you''re probably right, there is a chance he could go over it with a fine tooth comb and it''d lose it''s wow factor. I''ve never held an outside sales position, so I''m kind of new at the whole brag book thing.

Do you typically bring a copy to leave with your interviewer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results