shape
carat
color
clarity

Interpreting HCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I''m comparing some ACA stones. How would I interpret the differences among stones that are rated ex,ex,ex, vg 1.1, ex,ex,ex,vg 1.3 and ex,ex,ex 1.5. I can suppy the specific numbers, if that would be useful. But is one rating more desirable than another?

avlis

Shiny_Rock
sometimes one must be careful not to get too caught up in the numbers. i dont know if a person can say based on those numbers any one of those stones is better than the others.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
HCA is a rejection tool

You can not reject any of those stones

If you try to use it to further narrow down your selection i will break your legs - this will save you from being murdered by angry vendors.

diamondglee

Rough_Rock
I have a question about HCA....I bought a 2.27 diamond that scored all EX and received a .8 on the HCA. Its a GIA EX too. I''ve read that HCA should be btwn 1-2. Is that to say that a .8 is not as desirable as a diamond scoring a 1-2? Thanks!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Dear Garry,
I really needed a good laugh today
3.gif
Please don't break my legs. A kind vendor showed me a lovely stone that measured 1.1 on the HCA and was the biggest bang for my budget
31.gif
I will seriously consider it, if you promise not to do me any bodily harm. I take it there is no further answer to my question?? Runs away to avoid been hit by flying ideal scopes
9.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great rising sun - you got the message real good ;-)
Now please tell others you note trying to do too much with too little :)
Date: 1/24/2007 11:34:05 PM
Author: diamondglee
I have a question about HCA....I bought a 2.27 diamond that scored all EX and received a .8 on the HCA. Its a GIA EX too. I''ve read that HCA should be btwn 1-2. Is that to say that a .8 is not as desirable as a diamond scoring a 1-2? Thanks!
this stone will be great - best of both worlds ;-)

diamondglee

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 11:55:56 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 1/24/2007 11:34:05 PM

Author: diamondglee

this stone will be great - best of both worlds ;-)
Thank you for the clarification!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results