shape
carat
color
clarity

Internet vs. Local Vendor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coil

Rough_Rock
So I have my diamond picked out, and have found similar/matching diamonds through pricescope. The closest match is $900 less on the internet.

I want to go through the local vendor for the typical reasons - service, relationship, contribution to community, etc. etc.

Considering I want to do what''s best for both of us, does anyone care to share their thoughts on how to approach the situation? I would like to bring him down some, but I want to be courteous about it.

Additionally, I''m assuming that most vendors are not going to be able to beat internet prices?

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
"Mr. B&M store, thank you very much for all of your help and service, but I have found another diamond with as close a specs as you can get to the one you are showing me, and it is $900 less than your price. I would like to buy from you but cannot justify the price difference, how well can you do?"

coil

Rough_Rock
Check out this long discussion: B&M vs E-tailer----------------

Ahh, very informative thread. Thank you.

baltneu, that's where I stand. I'm simply unclear on how much room he probably has to work with. I definitely want to buy from him...I just need that sense of security that tells me I'm getting what I'm paying for (whereas neither of us are taking each other to the bank).

Great forum, thanks for the advice.

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
The B&M may not be able to match price because he has a lot more overhead. That being said, a lot of the internet venders have locations and you might be able to get the best of both worlds. Even if they don't have a store persay, many will set up a face-to-face meeting if you want.
Corey

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results