shape
carat
color
clarity

Internet jewelers---

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

confusedbyhype

Rough_Rock
Anyone have any information on #1 Diamond Source? Their prices seem exceptionally good--maybe too good. I can''t get them to respond to email questions regarding Sarin report on one of their stones. Are these guys for real??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is that their name? I haven't heard of a company called that...don't know if anyone else has...

Some of the co's that people discuss alot on here are:

DirtCheapDiamonds
GoodOldGold
WhiteFlash
A Cut Above
Diamond Wholesale (great pricing, owned by Whiteflash)
AffordableDiamondsOnline
SuperbCert
DiamondOptics
DiamondBrokersofFlorida
NiceIce
IceStore

etc etc. Would suggest checking all of those out and also using the Pricescope search engine to look for stones as well, many of the above vendors are on there and more.

If you have more info on this co, please post it. Also, many times internet vendors do not actually have the stones in their inventory, but rather they have it from a wholesaler for purchase...so sometimes you will find the exact same stone for sale by multiple vendors (sometimes up to 7!), in which case you can just work with the best price and best service vendor for a great experience. So maybe this stone you are trying to get info on can be found on the Pricescope search through another vendor who will actually respond to your emails!

Good luck!
1.gif

optimized

Shiny_Rock
Hi Hype,

Well, without knowing anything about the vendor (never heard of them), as a general rule my opinion would be to stay away from any vendor who fails to respond to inquiries from a potential customer. If they can't even bring themselves to answer a question or two from someone who is potentially gonna drop several thousand dollars in their lap, how poor will the rest of their service/support be? As Mara mentioned, there are several reputable dealers on the web who will be more than happy to answer your questions, and it's entirely possible the more responsive vendors will also list the exact diamond you are inquiring about.

-Tim

Christine

Rough_Rock
#1 Diamond is listed on a site called Diamondhelper.com. I believe there is an independent vendor rating report link on the site. I also requested a Sarin and did not yet hear back. However, another vendor did reply apologizing for the delay in response due to the Valentine's Day rush.

confusedbyhype

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. The web address is www.1diamondsource.com. They seem to have an incredible inventory of loose stones with prices less than all other online dealers. But it worries me that no one here has heard of them. I'm trying to find a 4 carat Emerald cut so not emailing me back is very worrisome. Christine, I can't seem to locate Diamondhelper.com. Is this the correct address?

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
Hi
How many sites have you checked?? most of us work on a very low margin of profit!!
also if you need a sarin report on an ec.diamonds i doubt that there is one
confused.gif

"shop and compare"
p.s.
(mara always forgets us)
diamondmsman
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm SORRY Diamondsman--it is not intentional. I will make a note to add you to my posts of vendors for the future, hee hee.
1.gif
Somehow when I post for people who ask...I have mental block on half of the other vendors whose names pop up alot too.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
1.gif
Thank you Mara, I know you didnot do it intentionally,
I always follow your posts,Very interesting You have acquired a lot of knowledge about diamonds, Did you ever take up gemology?

best regards

diamondsman
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes thanks...actually I am taking the first GIA Diamond Essentials class..it is very interesting.

I am a knowledge sponge...I find all of this very fascinating.
1.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
1.gif
Hi, Mara

After you have taken that course , maybe you will consider working for me
9.gif

best regards

diamondsman
1.gif

michigan guy

Rough_Rock
Hey,
I've never heard of that site, but I'll be sure to check it out.
I'm also searching for a diamond and came across DiamondsonWeb.com. Has anyone ever heard of them? I haven't seen their name come up in any recent threads. If anyone has information on DoW, I'd love to hear about it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondsman..I appreciate the sentiment...but are you local to California?
2.gif
May be a little hard for me to relocate for a 'hobby'!
2.gif

Michigan--Haven't heard of DOW...run a search on Pricescope and most likely Diamondtalk.Com as well to see if you find anything about them. Also check out the listing of vendors on Pricescope, it's pretty comprehensive and you can use the search tool on the homepage to narrow the search for your stone to vendors who actually have similar items to what you are looking for. It's a great place to start.

confusedbyhype

Rough_Rock
Thanks again all and I will again check with the vendors that have been listed. However since picking up info on this forum I've become much more picky regarding the cut of the stone. In the case of multiple carat emerald cut stones I'm finding that my choices are somewhat limited. There seems to be a tremendous selection (the best that I've come across) at the above mentioned site with lower than usual prices. However I'm still skeptical of buying stones unseen off the net and especially when the site can't vouched for by members on this forum.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results