shape
carat
color
clarity

Internet Buying?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thegator

Rough_Rock
I have been researching engagement rings for the past month or so and have recently decided that I want to buy one from an online store. My budget is about 10k and I wanted to know what are some good reputable stores. I want a nice diamond at a good price. I have looked at some big ones (blue nile and mondera), but what are some other good sites. Thanks for your help in advance.

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Gator-

I just bought my diamond online and to help me decide which vendors to contact, I picked a few out from the list here on Pricescope, then I went to the search feature and typed in their names so I could read comments from others here on the forum about each.

It really helped me. Good luck!

NJDave

Rough_Rock
Gator,

There are several highly respected and highly reputable online vendors. Some of the names you'll see pop up frequently on this site are GoodOldGold, SuperbCert, and NiceIce among others. I just recently purchased my first diamond over the internet, and after many months of reading these message boards and obsessing over diamonds, I finally purchased an absolutely stunning stone from Robin & Todd at NiceIce. I had a wonderful buying experience with them (as have many others), and I highly recommend checking out their website or giving them a call to speak to them personally.

There are many great online stores besides giants like Blue Nile and Mondera. Luckily you've found this site and are able to do the research before investing in the stone. I wish you the best of luck in your diamond search. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, as the people on these message boards are very friendly and willing to help.

Take care,
Dave

thegator

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know anything about USA Certed? A friend of mine recently bought a diamond from them and was very happy. It was appraised near double what he paid.

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Aaah....sounds like another feel good appraisal! Be very careful about how appraisers use pricing and profit margins. Appraisers should be researched also. Are they color grading with CZ's? etc. Lots of inflated appraisals out there. The important thing is that you are getting what you are told and the report isn't soft and the value is very good. We get stones in from Union Diamond, IGS, Dirtcheap, Whiteflash, Blue Nile,GOG, to name a few. The vendors are happy to send to us before the client even pays so we can discuss it with them and show them the stone under the scope and explain how we grade. If they are not local, this can be done via email or phone just as well. Cindy

barry

Shiny_Rock
Appraisals issued by either on-line or B&M jewellers
on diamonds sold by them is a no-no,
often inflated, and will pose a serious
problem for you with your Insurance company.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

MsGolightly

Rough_Rock
I would stick with Blue Nile.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results