shape
carat
color
clarity

Internally flawless???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

plahen

Rough_Rock
Hello all. I have finally made my decision on a Diamond (.57ct - E - IF - GIA). When I told someone about the clarity, the ask a quesion that had me doubting myself once again. Internally flawless to me means that there are no inclusions inside the diamond. But what about the outside of the diamond. It could be nicked and chipped pretty bad.

Will someone please help me rest a little easier about an IF stone. It will be at the appraisers tomorrow, but it is eating my up inside, just like a kid a week away from Chrismas.

PLAHEN

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There can be a minor nick, some wheel marks from polishing etc. The diamond has something or it would have been graded Flawless.

It is also IF under 10X magnification. That doesn't mean it is absolutely IF under any magnification.

Sounds like a great diamond though and I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it makes you feel better get another opinion from an appraiser (in person).

The person that brought this to your attention, did they happen to be a dealer you were thinking of buying from?

plahen

Rough_Rock
I had the diamond sent to an independant appraiser of my choice, and the question was brought up by one of my co-workers. Everyone else has told me not to worry about it, but I cant help but to worry. I have looked at to many diamonds over the past 2 months, and everytime, I find something better and cheaper. I am paying $2k for the diamond alone. Do you think thats a good price???

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I really don't like getting into the pricing issue.

Everyone can be under sold; then you have all the higher priced people. You also have to like the people you deal with and trust they will be around for future repairs, problems, etc. There is also value in those areas that is hard to place a value on but does exist.

I would think that if you used an appraiser (a good one) then you have no need to worry.

If you want to worry, then worry about her chipping it, breaking it, loosing it, etc. Buy Insurance!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results