shape
carat
color
clarity

Internal Diamond Proportions ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

makisupa

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately, most dealers don't have a report with their loose stones that grades the brilliance. I'm currently looking at a diamond that is AGS000 and I have seen it under a hearts and arrows scope. Needless to say it looks good under the scope. My problem is I can't tell a difference in brilliance unless it is drastic. Do most stones with an ideal cut usually fall into an acceptable level of brilliance or are there a good proprotion of ideal cut diamonds with poor brilliance? To my eye, they all sparkle.

Thanks,

Rob

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rob,

to check whether the diamond is not steep/deep.

I guess you already did it and got 1.1 HCA, wich is perfectly fine for the stone with AGS0 report.

:)[/u]

makisupa

Rough_Rock
Thanks Leonid. What I was getting at though was looking for a way to understand whether or a diamond "sparkles" as well as it should. I read up on having a light test done in order to measure the diamonds brilliance by testing it against white and colored light. So I guess my question is do diamonds with a AGS000 cut generally rate high under a lightscope test or is it hit or miss?

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results