shape
carat
color
clarity

internal delimma: will i possibly be sad if i use HCA at this point?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enibas

Rough_Rock
anyone with advice: bf and i made the big purchase (well, *he* made the big purchase) a couple weeks ago. we decided on a vatche-set round brilliant H VS1 .80 with AGS 000 ratings. this is BEFORE i realized there was this neat HCA thingy. so now that we've already bought the ring (no, it's not on my finger yet -- that's the part that will be a surprise: the "when"). so now when i get the ring and the certificate -- do i potentailyl disappoint myself by punching in the values into HCA, or shoudl i jsut resist the urge and convince myself that the stone was as pretty as i remembered it, even though the AGS 000 is probably a big ol' scam?!:confused:

the urge is gonna KILL me...any words of wisdom or advice?:blackeye:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
haha... you know you're gonna do it enibas no matter what anyone tells you.

:naughty:

Rhino

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you love the stone, then it doesn't matter what the HCA or anything else says! :) You have the AGS 000 rating which obviously meant something to you in the way of helping weed out the duds, and if the stone was beautiful to you as you remember it, then go with that.

Our stone that we ended up with is FAR from a desirable or ideal cut range, but it sparkles more than some of the stones we saw in an 'ideal' range which is what drew us to it in the first place, and we love it--especially after having it all to ourselves for a day between picking it up from the jeweler and taking it to our appraiser.

If you were me (hah!), I'd run it through the HCA because I am just like that..can't not use a tool once I know it's there. My favorite motto is 'Ignorance is bliss'. Chances are the stone will rate just fine...but again, if its beautiful in your eyes, then thats really all that matters! Congrats on taking the plunge and making your choice! :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results