shape
carat
color
clarity

Interesting solution to an interesting problem.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I had a client who received a beautiful pin from her husband. Problem is she does not like pins, but loves pendants.

The pin is 14kt gold, but has blueing on it to give it an antique look. My benchman informed me that there was no way he could restore the pin to its current condition if he used heat on it as he does not have the ability to put the blueing on it the same color as is there already.

A little brainstorming came up with an interesting solution. I thought that maybe we could create a wire that would fit into the clasp of the pin. He came up with the additional idea to fit a smaller wire from the main wire to fit into the azure (hole) beneath of one of the diamonds to hold the new bale in a fixed position. The pin is a butterfly design with white and yellow diamonds. The new bale is placed so that it almost looks like a probiscus, especially when it is on a chain.

She came in and picked it up and absolutely loves it. I would love to see what some of you other jewelers do when you come accross unusual problems. I hope that this proves useful to some of you who may want to convert pins to pendants without damaging the original piece. This "pin jacket" can be removed if she ever wants to wear it as a pin, so it is very versitile too.

Wink

composite-diamond-butterfly.jpg

Jeweller

Rough_Rock
Great idea....I'm sure that will come in handy sometime
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
actualy I saw an old pin/pendant of simular design a while back.

it had a seperate peice that fastioned to the pin/latch that converted it into a pendant.
It was pretty kewl.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice Wink!~.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results