shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

imscoop22

Rough_Rock
Our homeowner''s policy will not completely cover my rings thus they suggested that we use Jeweler''s Mutual--Does anyone have any experience with them or any advice as to where we should look for insurance?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Imscoop22.

Welcome to Pricescope.

They are mentioned in several of the discussions. Use the search utility near the top right corner of the page for 'Jewelers Mutual' or 'JM Insurance' and perhaps just 'insurance'. You can read up on what folks have had to say about them.

They sell policies directly from their website at www.jewelersmutual.com and through jewelers that have coverage from them.

By the way, who is your homeowners company. Can you explain a little more what their problem is?

Neil Beaty
Independent Appraisals in Denver

imscoop22

Rough_Rock
Neil,

Thank you. My husband used pricescope last year when he was in the midst of searching for my engagement ring. He suggested that I use the site to do research on insurance.

We have Centre Insurance Company--they will only insure a ring up to $10,000 and my ring is worth more than that. Previously, I had it insured under Erie under a condo insurance policy before we were married.

Sara

claimsjeff

Rough_Rock
Imscoop22:

Erie Insurance is an excellent company...rated A++. Each company has certain thresholds on what they are or are not willing to insure. I cannot promote our company on this board, but I would be more then willing to talk to you and answer your questions if you want to call me direct at 1-800-336-5642 X-2200. Thanks-

Jeff Mills
Vice President Claims
Jewelers Mutual Insurance Co.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Anyone have a glass of water? It's pretty dry in here.
emhot.gif

...JM is a very reputable company.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
You might want to compare the differences between JM and Chiubb.CHubb offers a policy that is very different from JM''s.

Chubb is also an excellent company, and will insure just your ring as JM will.

An agent I know who is licensed in many states is Dave Stone.. Plastridge Agency 1-800-473-6603

He is very knowledgeable about the Chubb Jewelry program..

At least you can weigh the benefits of each company and make your decision from an informed standpoint.

Rockdoc

claimsjeff

Rough_Rock
Hi John....when the topic is insurance it''s going to be dry....welcome to my life. Thanks for kind word guys. By the way Neil, I''m assuming you are going to support Denver this weekend, and I have to tell you I was born and raised in Indy...so I''ll be watching my Colts this weekend take on your Broncos.....let the better horses win!

Jeff Mills
Vice President Claims
Jewelers Mutual Insurance Co.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results