shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance On my Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MsSkiBunny

Rough_Rock
Can anyone give me an idea of how much insurance I can expect to pay on my ring? My fiance and I aren''t homeowners yet, we''re still renting so I know it will be higher because of that. I have no idea about this kind of stuff. Thank you so much.!

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope!

Something like $10 per year per $1000 of insurance gives you the general idea.

Actual rates may vary!
1.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Hi, there

I have a personal article policy thru Chubb and pay $345.00 annually for $17,250.00 worth of coverage.

I think it can depend on where you live as to the rates you get. I live in the Bay Area, so it may be more here than in other places.

-PG

sldeer

Rough_Rock
I also live in the San Francisco Bay Area and planning to get engaged very soon(wish me luck
wacko.gif
) Anyways, wanted to know if anyone could recommend an agent for Chubb that you've had a good experience with in this area. Thanks!!!

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Just yesterday I was quoted $32 per $1000 by a chubb agent in my area. (I'm in LA.) Is this too much? Should I keep looking?

JC

Shiny_Rock
I pay $80 per year on a $7,750 appraisal value. I'm also not a homeowner.

1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I live in the Northeast and pay about $10 per $1,000 of jewelry covered as a rider to my homeowners.

manechka

Rough_Rock
You can get your ring insured through renter's policy.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Just looked into Jewelers Mutual, and their quote was substantially cheaper...$20 per $1000, but their policy is for "replacement of like kind and quality", rather than dollar amount. They do say you get to replace it through your "prefered jeweler" though. How concerned should I be about that difference?

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I wouldn't be at all concerned if that is what you would do in case of loss or theft. If you have all the documentation of what you own then you will have no problem finding a diamond you would be happy with. Chubb will write you a check but you are paying for that. Make sure you aren't dealing with an inflated appraisal and pay premiums on what it would realistically cost to replace the item. If you make a purchase and it comes with a freebie appraisal that is substantially higher than the purchase price then I would suggest getting an independent appraisal.

Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results