shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance on loose stones???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Scrib

Rough_Rock
I didn''t realize State Farm nor Liberty Mutual insures loose stones. My diamond is coming tomorrow, and it''s going to be about 3 more weeks until the mounting is complete.

So what do I do??? Go to the bank and keep it in the safety deposit box?

Thoughts?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Safety deposit box would be the easiest, but there may be companies who will insure a loose stone (Chubb or Jewelers' Mutual?), so do some searches here and see what comes up.

Scrib

Rough_Rock
I just got off the phone with the jeweler that is making her mounting.

Anyway, they've offered to keep the diamond in their safe for the duration, while the ring is being made. The diamond is laser inscribed, so they can't pull a fast one on me. Besides, I trust them. They've been doing business for 100 years.

And he said, once it's in their safe, they're 100% responsible for it.

Sounds like I'll go this route.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Be sure to get a receipt with at least the amount you paid for the diamond on it from the store where it will be stored. In other words, make sure they agree to the value of the stone they are going to be fully responsible for while they have it in their possession.

There is nothing wrong with letter a trusted store do this for you, but getting a receipt is something that must be done.
Keep the receipt in a very safe and secure place.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Maybe put the receipt in that safe-deposit box?

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results