shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance -- Loose or set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VampireX02

Rough_Rock
Now that everyone on here has helped convince me that my diamond is above average..which is what I was looking for (most of the diamonds I've looked at have been about the same range..so I was concerned that mine wasn't much better than average)...I have an insurance question.

I'm having my diamond independently appraised for insurance. But since it's not set yet, the appraisal will be on the stone only. How does that work with insurance? Can I have the setting and stone insured as one item (the ring) or are these kept separate? What does the insurance company use to determine the value of the setting? Or should I have it appraised loose and then again once it's set? Loose for my use to make sure it matches the cert, and then again set for insurance purpose?

Thanks.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's rare that an insurance company will insure a loose stone for a consumer, but it's possible.

You should have another appraisal of the finished ring when you insure it.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results