shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance, Insurance, Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thirdcoast

Rough_Rock
Wow,
I know there are 5 million posts on this and none of them seem to help me come to a conclusion. If I wanted a Chubb policy, is there an agent that will give me a stand-alone policy? Who should I contact in Houston before going down a list of 20 agents. There has to be value for an agent to write these. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
TC,

Though I live in Texas I had David Stone (Plastridge Agency, Boca Raton) write my policy with Chubb. His number is 561-395-1433. At the time I had mine done it was easier to do through his agency in FL.

chas

Rough_Rock
thirdcoast,

Try PLI Brokerage, Inc. 1.877.CALL.PLI They should be able to fix you up with a Chubb policy.

Chas

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
Just FYI: I went through USAA, and if you have access to it, I recommend it. I just faxed the appraisal and specs to them, and was insured that day. They cover 100% replacement cost, for loss or damage to the ring for any reason.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Is there a website for Chubb that can be visited for more info?

Lynn

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Chubb Insurance website.

The Plastridge Agency (David Stone, agent).

1.gif

diamond island

Rough_Rock
I personally think Chubb policy is over rated. There are many other policy with and without cash out policy that are just as good at a much cheaper cost.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Diamond Island,

Can you please provide some company & agent names and contact info here or by PM?

I'm not disputing what you are saying; I'm on the lookout since I frequently make recommendations to consumers. I would like to follow this up since in my experience the ones I am familiar with have been hard to beat.

Thanks.

dtexan

Rough_Rock
Hi Diamond Island,

I am not sure if you will put the names up of the insurance companies on the board. But i would really like to know who is good to work with and reasonable. I am on the lookout for purchasing insurance and I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
My Chubb policy only cost me $18 more than the rider for my homeowner''s policy would have cost. I felt that $18 was worth the cash-out option and the ability to purchase what I wanted if, heaven forbid, anything should happen to my ring.

jgh12

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/1/2005 7:58:13 PM
Author: Rebemdee
Just FYI: I went through USAA, and if you have access to it, I recommend it. I just faxed the appraisal and specs to them, and was insured that day. They cover 100% replacement cost, for loss or damage to the ring for any reason.

When I called USAA they said they will replace the ring or give you cash at the value it cost them to buy it at. In other words, if the diamond was appraised at $10,000 but they can buy it for $7,000 then they will give you only $7,000 if you are unsatisfied with the replacement. Is that the same thing they told you? If so, then that doesn''t seem as good as Chubb which gives up to 150% cash for the ring based on the appraisal value (unless I read it wrong).

To me, it seems like Chubb is the way to go but the hard part is finding someone who will write a policy for IL. David Stone said he couldn''t do it because he wasn''t licensed in IL, but that seems odd because his company website states that they are in fact licensed in IL. Weird. Maybe he just didn''t want to help me?
39.gif

Any other leads for Chubb in Chicago?
Cheers,
Jason

mrmedoes

Shiny_Rock
I got lucky and used my health insurance industry occupation to find a broker who happens to sell my company''s health insurance too. Needless to say, he was more than happy to write a standalone policy. That being said, they''re only able to sell policies in PA (to the best of my knowledge). Anyway, here was something recently that came up in from RockDoc:

"http://www.totaldollar.com
PERSONAL INSURANCE DEPARTMENT
William Castro
Account Executive
Phone: 212-689-4477 Ext: 329

Toll Free: 800-962-5659

(I forgot to add the toll free number before - so it''s on the below post and I added it here )

He says they are licensed in EVERY STATE ! So for those wanting Chubb coverage, and couldn''t find someone, this fellow should help.

Rockdoc

consumersgemlab.com"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results