shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance help pease!!! LA

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I need some help re insuring my pear from when it leaves Grace, arrives and is worked on by Victor and then travels from LA to Queensland Australia.

Because I havnt bought the stone from VC I need to organsie my own insurance I beleive and he said mostly clients who provide their own stone take our their own insurance policy.

Who is easy to deal with, reputable and will cover everything well?

Thank you so much!!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect Circle I believe insures loose stones that are to be set in a setting.

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Jewelers Mutual generally gets good reviews on PS.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Jeweler's Mutual is now Perfect Circle

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, Jewelers Mutual issues policies to only U.S. and Canadian residents. I assume that both Grace & Victor can arrange for the stone & completed ring to be insured while in transit, but any concerns you have about the loss of/damage to the stone while it is with Victor is something you'll need to explore further with him -- unless another Australian PSer has a more useful suggestion for you. Hope so!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!! Victor has confirmed that the ring will be covered whilst in transit from him to me in Australia so I just need to worry about it whilst it's being set......

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Any other help?

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I live in the UK and just sent a loose stone to Victor for setting - our homeowner's/contents insurance automatically covered the stone for 60 days. The insurer sent me an email stating the coverage and appended the relevant page from the policy, which I forwarded to Victor.

Hope that helps.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
jaaron|1455799763|3992506 said:
I live in the UK and just sent a loose stone to Victor for setting - our homeowner's/contents insurance automatically covered the stone for 60 days. The insurer sent me an email stating the coverage and appended the relevant page from the policy, which I forwarded to Victor.

Hope that helps.

Thank you!!!!! I'll call my insurance tomorrow!! :) what project are you working on with VC? So exciting!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results