shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance for Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hey All..

Like I''ve said in a previous post I''m on the hunt for the perfect engagement ring. My question is..does anyone know a good company with which I can insure my ring? The value is quite a bit higher than most policies generally cover ($20,000+)Also, is Chubb any good? I''ve heard good things. Lemme know what you guys/gals think..

Thanks,
B@T

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
As with all insurance, you need to know how it pays out and what it pays out for. If you buy a super ideal diamond, will they replace it with a super ideal? Will they just give you the cash? Will they match color and clarity and give you an AGS8 cut?

Your appraiser should be able to help you ferret out the best policy for you. (I stayed with my homeowners and added a rider.)

Maybe oldminer or Rockdoc will comment.

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
I second on adding a rider to your home insurance, if you own your own home.

I called our insurance company and they gave me a quote around $1 for every $100 of the purchase price of the diamond & setting. So, say if I paid $9500 for my diamond and setting, I'd pay about $95 a year for insurance.

Heather
wavey.gif

Thanks for the info. I'll talk to my agent and see what I can turn up.
6.gif
)

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
The companies that seem to provide the best service during the claims process seem to be State Farm and Chubb based on our experience... State Farm calls their policy a Personal Articles Policy (PAP) and they offer a 10% annual premium discount if the diamond has been registered with Gemprint. Chubb offers an engagement ring policy, you can find it on their web site at https://www.chubb.com/personal/engagement_ring_pgm.jsp we're providing the link because the webmaster kind of buried the information on their web site
eek.gif

Binister

Rough_Rock
I have been trying to get in contact with a Chubbs engagement ring insurance agent in the Bay Area (California) with little luck. The 4 agents I have called have either never called me back or say that I would need to sign-up for homeowners insurance as well. Does anyone know of a good Chubbs engagement ring insurance agent in the Bay Area? Thanks.

justme

Shiny_Rock
fyi

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chubb-wont-insure-me.5233/

I was talking to a guy the other day who mentioned Chubbs agents in San Leandro. I have yet to get the number from the guy, when I do I'll post it. I have to make some calls in the next few days. If you find a good chubbs agent in the bay area before I do, please let me know!!!

B@T

justme

Shiny_Rock
Call Chubb directly at 1-877-972-8282

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results