shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance for a branded stone?

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I would love some advice from you guys on insuring a branded stone. I am interested in insuring a GOG August Vintage cushion and, in the event something should happen, I don't want to replace it with just any old cushion. I seem to recall previous posts to this effect but I haven't been able to find them with a search. Jeweler's Mutual has been recommended -any input?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jewelers Mutual allows *you* to choose the diamond you want to replace the lost/damaged stone from, and you can choose the vendor. The only stipulation is that the insured value is adequate to cover the new stone (though I assume the owner can pay the difference if need be). So as long as your appraisal is of adequate value to buy a replacement AVC you should be fine. I would also want the appraiser to mention the cut and make on the appraisal, and you can submit the AGS report as well. THat basically defines like kind and quality as another AVC.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
make sure that the insurance paperwork and appraisal lists it as a branded stone and all the information is complete and correct then your covered.
Jeweler's Mutual is good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results