shape
carat
color
clarity

Instead of diamonds.....???

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This ring was one of my very first pawn shop purchases many years ago. See the hearts intertwined making up the band? Surely it was someone's wedding ring at one time....maybe the early 80's?? It's substantial and it's different and that's what I like about it. When I bought it, it had a (way too small) marquise diamond so I had it reset with the 1 carat diamond cluster it has had ever since. I am thinking I may want to change the diamonds out and use them on another project I am working on. I had thought about a Moissanite, just for fun. Any ideas from you smart folks out there? Some things I am definite about, this one I am not. IMG_7911.jpg IMG_7912.jpg IMG_7913.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the band on that one!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me, anyway, I like red, pink and green better in yellow gold while I prefer blue and purple in white gold.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Red would be
To me, anyway, I like red, pink and green better in yellow gold while I prefer blue and purple in white gold.
gorgeous and even more unique! Thank you for helping me!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d put red or pink in to “tie in” with the heart motif. A “love ring”.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’d put red or pink in to “tie in” with the heart motif. A “love ring”.

I love red! That really would bis gorgeous. What do you think about a diamond halo?

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love red! That really would bis gorgeous. What do you think about a diamond halo?
Something that busy doesn't need a halo (but I also hate halos) .I'd get a nice suite of vivid pink sapphires (or rubies if in the budget) and make it a statement cocktail ring.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Something that busy doesn't need a halo (but I also hate halos) .I'd get a nice suite of vivid pink sapphires (or rubies if in the budget) and make it a statement cocktail ring.
You are right about it being busy!

rockhoundofficiando

Shiny_Rock
This ring was one of my very first pawn shop purchases many years ago. See the hearts intertwined making up the band? Surely it was someone's wedding ring at one time....maybe the early 80's?? It's substantial and it's different and that's what I like about it. When I bought it, it had a (way too small) marquise diamond so I had it reset with the 1 carat diamond cluster it has had ever since. I am thinking I may want to change the diamonds out and use them on another project I am working on. I had thought about a Moissanite, just for fun. Any ideas from you smart folks out there? Some things I am definite about, this one I am not. IMG_7911.jpg IMG_7912.jpg IMG_7913.jpg
I really love the pierced scroll heavy gold work. The diamonds appear to be decent too, unlike many cluster rings. If you're looking for a solitare look you could do a large golden imperial topaz or citrine too.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really love the pierced scroll heavy gold work. The diamonds appear to be decent too, unlike many cluster rings. If you're looking for a solitare look you could do a large golden imperial topaz or citrine too.

The diamonds are good overall. That cluster is probably older than the ring it's on. I was thinking about using them in a pendant that I am getting from a Ruby Lane seller to replace the pearls in it, or have the diamonds set in a band. Some of the new mountings I have seen are beautiful and different, which is really what I love. I think the main opinion is to go with a colored stone and I think we are all in agreement on that. A colored stone would make a big difference.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a Beautiful ring! I was thinking maybe something big and bold to really help the ring stand out like a rubies or citrines just to give it a really brilliant pop of color.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a Beautiful ring! I was thinking maybe something big and bold to really help the ring stand out like a rubies or citrines just to give it a really brilliant pop of color.

I do love colored stones!!

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love Moissanites. You could find a pretty big one for a good price and set it. Colored stones would look nice too.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love Moissanites. You could find a pretty big one for a good price and set it. Colored stones would look nice too.

As a matter of fact, I have a Moissanite being delivered today and am undecided about whether or not to put it on this band or a plain gold medium width band. Not really thin...but substantial. I am eager to see how the Moissanite works out. I will be sure and let you all know what I decide. So many good ideas and suggestions!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results