shape
carat
color
clarity

Instant Movie Tickets for Costco Members

iLander

Ideal_Rock
We decided to go see a movie yesterday, and usually we will swing by a Costco warehouse to pick up the reduced price movie vouchers. But this time I checked on line, and saw this:

http://www.costco.com/.product.1020106.html with an email download :dance:

It's 4 movie tickets, at any Regal Cinema, for $36. Theaters in my area charge $12 for a movie :shock: , so $9 each sounds much better. They seem to have other theater companies on the site, but I'm not familiar with them. I searched "movies".

It took about 45 minutes for the email to show up in my inbox, then I printed out the 4 vouchers. We took them to the theater, stood in line to get the actual tickets for the specific movie, and it worked great. The vouchers NEVER expire, and I didn't see any restrictions anywhere.

Just thought I'd post, so if someone is a Costco member, they'd know about this new feature.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be careful with some theaters. A few around me have started to charge extra fees to even use those certificates :nono:

Q

Queenie60

Thank you very much for passing this information on. Makes life a little bit easier!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to update; :wavey: :wavey:

These ARE good for Star Wars, even though some theaters will say "no passes". These are NOT passes.

Call your theater to double-check, but you should be good to go. At a discount! :appl:

Remember, takes about an hour to get the email tickets, so plan ahead.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1450453939|3963045 said:
Just wanted to update; :wavey: :wavey:

These ARE good for Star Wars, even though some theaters will say "no passes". These are NOT passes.

Call your theater to double-check, but you should be good to go. At a discount! :appl:

Remember, takes about an hour to get the email tickets, so plan ahead.

Wouldn't let us purchase star wars tickets online for some reason, but we went to the theater a few weeks ago and they printed advanced tickets for us.

Might have been an issue because it was a pre screening and not the normal showing. Not sure, but we could still use the Costco deal so was happy in the end.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi Chemgirl :wavey:

The costco tickets are just for any movie at a Regal cinema, not for specific movies. You just buy a four pack for whatever is running.

I don't think my last post actually made that clear at all. :rolleyes:

I meant; they work even if a movie listing says "no passes", because these are not passes.

Glad it worked for you! :appl:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1450455055|3963056 said:
Hi Chemgirl :wavey:

The costco tickets are just for any movie at a Regal cinema, not for specific movies. You just buy a four pack for whatever is running.

I don't think my last post actually made that clear at all. :rolleyes:

I meant; they work even if a movie listing says "no passes", because these are not passes.

Glad it worked for you! :appl:

No worries. Our Costco has the tickets for Cineplex and we buy them whenever we go to the movies. I tried to use one to buy a ticket in advance on the Cineplex website and it wouldn't let me. So I went to the theater and they processed it there and gave me the tickets.

We always order the Costco voucher and then order tickets through the theater website using the voucher code. For some reason it didn't work for Star Wars, but the theater sorted it out in person.

Eta: my point wasn't overly clear either. I was trying to say that if a movie says no passes you might not be able to use a voucher on the theater website, but since the voucher isn't a pass, the theater will issue you the tickets in person.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya iLander! :wavey: Just wanted to say you have the best threads - always full of great tidbits, whether its how to know when a mango is ripe or about saving $$ on movie tix. Love you and have a wonderful Christmas/New Years!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux said:
Hiya iLander! :wavey: Just wanted to say you have the best threads - always full of great tidbits, whether its how to know when a mango is ripe or about saving $$ on movie tix. Love you and have a wonderful Christmas/New Years!

Big hugs to you, Minoux!! You're so sweet. :)

I try to give useful, accurate advice when I have something to share, but it still doesn't compare to that stroke of genius you did in CS! You've helped hundreds of people with your "Somebody's gotta buy thread"! Really very awesome of you! :appl: :appl:

Smackers! and have a wonderful Christmas and New Years! :wavey:

hugs_.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results