shape
carat
color
clarity

Inspiration Needed for Pear Diamond Solitaire

champagnepear

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

I'm starting to research what I want for an engagement ring. I think I'm leaning towards a warmish chubby pear diamond in the 1 - 1.3 range. I like clean, simple settings, probably either a solitaire or bezel. I do like unique takes/details (modern or vintage) as long as the overall look isn't fussy. My questions are as follows:

1. I want to keep the process simple and quick, so I don't really want to do custom. I like JA because I can look at actual photos of the diamond, but I don't like their solitaire settings. Their pear bezel setting is okay. I don't want to pay more than 1k for a setting. Assuming I buy the diamond loose for price purposes (from JA or somewhere else), what's a good place to get it set? Specific setting suggestions?

2. Can anyone show me pictures of pear bezel/solitaire together with a wedding band? I'm having trouble finding inspiration, and I want to make sure I have a clear vision so I don't regret getting a pear later. I think I will probably want something other than a plain band but I'm open. I am leaning towards yellow gold, too.

Thanks so much for the help!

Q

Queenie60

For images - I would try pinterest. You can put "solitaire pear wedding rings" in the search bar and it will come up with many images. Also, try googleimages and do the same. This is one way I look at different styles of jewelry that I may be interested in. Good luck. Pears are beautiful, I have a few myself! :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really hard to get a nice pear solitaire without going custom. You usually end up with a 5 prong peg head which IMO arent
that nice. I would ask JA about making this setting for you and how long it would take...Select "Pear" from the pulldown menu
at the bottom of the picture. This is a lovely basket setting. I asked them to make it for my pear but they dont do custom work
for outside stones. If you get a pear from JA, using them to set it would also make the process much easier.

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/james-allen-exclusive-engagement-ring-item-49507

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results