shape
carat
color
clarity

Inspections from JamesAllen.com?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I am sooo close to pulling the trigger on this stone. It is an SI1, but I just got off the phone with Darrin (if you are reading this, I trust you I promise!) and he said that the stone is 100% eye clean and inclusions can only be seen at 18x magnification. He said the inclusions aren''t even near the table, which is fine because it looks like it is going in a halo setting anyways.
How reliable are they? If they say it is eye clean, is it really?

I''m so nervous now, but in a good way
2.gif

mojofc

Rough_Rock
I just ordered from JamesAllen on Friday and it is supposed to arrive this Friday so I can''t speak to how honest they "actually" are.

However, while speaking with Darin especially he showed me he isn''t all about the sale and more importantly what I was getting was going to make me happy.

He talked me down actually from buying a VVS and instead I bought a VS2. He sold me a diamond 1500 less than the VVS. I hope I am not getting him into trouble here, but honestly he was the reason I bought from JA. He was utterly honest to me on the phone in terms of "cut" and how it may not be worth it for me to buy a VVS vs a VS unless it would help me mentally or if I were specifically looking for a VVS.

I also dealt with Josh and Jim, both very nice as well and some people you may end up talking with if you decide to order.

I hope this helps a little??

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I gives me reassurance that I am going with the right company. He even took the time with me to go over various settings for my stone, which he really didnt'' need to do.
Thank you! Please let me know how your diamond is when it comes in, and pictures too!

mojofc

Rough_Rock
The diamond arrives on Friday and I we are leaving from work that same day to go to the beach, so I will post pictures on Monday after I propose over the weekend.

Best of luck with your purchase!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
If you found what you like and JA has it I wouldn't worry at all. The vendors PSers recommend are trust worthy and reliable with their descriptions. Since they have return policies it doesn't do anyone any good for them to lie, it only soils their reputation. If JA told you it was eye-clean, it is. Everyone has a different interpretation of eye-clean, though. But if you get the stone in your hand you can still decide if it's what you want. And you wouldn't be the first to send a stone back to if you don't like it. But I am guessing if JA was aware your were looking for eye-clean the would not send you a stone that wasn't. Glad you found something you like.

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
JA has a good reputation.

It they say it is eyeclean, it is eyeclean.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2009 5:57:48 PM
Author:Noahsmom
I am sooo close to pulling the trigger on this stone. It is an SI1, but I just got off the phone with Darrin (if you are reading this, I trust you I promise!) and he said that the stone is 100% eye clean and inclusions can only be seen at 18x magnification. He said the inclusions aren''t even near the table, which is fine because it looks like it is going in a halo setting anyways.
How reliable are they? If they say it is eye clean, is it really?

I''m so nervous now, but in a good way
2.gif
I would be pretty confident if they say the inclusions aren''t even visible at close scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results