shape
carat
color
clarity

Inscription Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

richie5120

Rough_Rock
I thought I read a post here that stated it was a bad sign if you could look through a loupe from the top down and see the reflection of the inscription. I see the cert numbers reflecting in particular. any ideas? I can't find that post, still looking for it. thanks.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 10:29:41 AM
Author:richie5120
I thought I read a post here that stated it was a bad sign if you could look through a loupe from the top down and see the reflection of the inscription. I see the cert numbers reflecting in particular. any ideas? I can''t find that post, still looking for it. thanks.
I''ve heard people say you shouldn''t be able to read through a REAL diamond. But you can. If you have a very well cut ideal ROUND diamond and you''re looking straight down, you shouldn''t be able to read anything. But tell an emerald cut owner their diamond isn''t real just because they can read through it - ha!

richie5120

Rough_Rock
that''s not good news! Ours is a round ideal cut, I am able to read the cert number through a 10x loupe.

mikespooner

Rough_Rock
It is bad if you can see a reflection of the entire girdle inside the diamond if you look straight through it, but if not, I don''t think it should be a problem. Plus, this is usually happens when the diamond is cut poorly, and yours is ideal.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 10:48:28 AM
Author: richie5120
that''s not good news! Ours is a round ideal cut, I am able to read the cert number through a 10x loupe.
I thought you were talking about being able to read through a diamond... I have no idea about reading inscriptions on the girdle. Seems to me that anything that can only be done at 10x is negligible. I''d wait for another reply than mine lol

richie5120

Rough_Rock
Mike, thank you for your post! After reading your comment I took another look. When I tilt the diamond just the tiniest bit I can see about 1/4 of the girdle reflecting, looking downwards from the top. I also see a few of the inscription digitis on this 1/4 of the girdle.

I love reading people''s posts here. We learn so much. However my GF is somewhat upset stating "i''m just going to return the diamond since I found something wrong with it".

Any other opinions would be appreciated. We just had it delivered this morning.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

richie5120

Rough_Rock
I think it will be ok. We''ll get it appraised and see what they say. It''s a beautiful diamond, nice and white! I wish my camera could get a good picture of it. oh well. thanks everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results