carat
color
clarity

inscription in diamond??

SparklenHue123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
hi everyone !!

we were in nyc today and buying some things from yeuketiel at idj (who is always amazing)

he was looking at my engagement ring and noticed along wirh the gia inscription there are the letters BCD .. what does this mean!?

we bought this stone at a jeweler in my town who i have know forever and i was assured that the stone was new .

thank you

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cutter, wholesaler, or dealer code.
Basically they can have anything they want put on with the gia report number.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
@Karl_K - That’s interesting. Do all diamonds have laser inscriptions from GIA, EGL, etc?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
there are the letters BCD .. what does this mean!?

BCD is "boron carbide diamelle" -- a popular diamond simulant that legally must be designated as such.

And before I get a lot of angry pushback: this is a joke.

No, wait! It's "Blood-Conflict Diamond." Just a State Department thing.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
BCD is "boron carbide diamelle" -- a popular diamond simulant that legally must be designated as such.

And before I get a lot of angry pushback: this is a joke.

No, wait! It's "Blood-Conflict Diamond." Just a State Department thing.
20 days in the brig on bread n water
for bad jokery.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I bought my EC from Diamondhouse in Antwerp back in 2004 in person, I was given the option whether to laser-inscribe the HRD certificate number on the girdle of the stone before it was set, and I said yes.

Never saw it in person as it was bezel set soon afterwards.

DK :))

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Is it possible it might have said “BGD” instead?
Perhaps Brian Gavin?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was my first thought, Brian Gavin Diamond

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Is it possible it might have said “BGD” instead?
Perhaps Brian Gavin?

It was my first thought as well but I have pair of studs from him and he has his name fully spelled out and imprinted as Brian Gavin in his signature font.

PSV51

Rough_Rock
hi everyone !!

we were in nyc today and buying some things from yeuketiel at idj (who is always amazing)

he was looking at my engagement ring and noticed along wirh the gia inscription there are the letters BCD .. what does this mean!?

we bought this stone at a jeweler in my town who i have know forever and i was assured that the stone was new .

thank you

Hello!
I too just noticed BCD on my recent diamond purchase. It has a GIA report but no inscription on the girdle. The only inscription is BCD, which I'm rather concerned that my jeweler didn't point that out when she was looking at the girdle. Did you ever find out what BCD means?

Thank you!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI, BGD stones looks similar to this. Not my wife’s inscription but it’s the same format. Hers is a Blue as well.

My point is the name is spelled out.

C7890EDF-0791-4D3E-BAFC-59EF85A49F33.jpeg

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems likely that BCD stands for Bright Crystal Diamond:

Google Brilliant Crystal Diamond & you'll see there are a number of brick-and-mortar jewelers who are authorized retailers of this private label brand.

Last edited:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems likely that BCD stands for Bright Crystal Diamond:

Google Brilliant Crystal Diamond & you'll see there are a number of brick-and-mortar jewelers who are authorized retailers of this private label brand.

This seems like a logical guess. Although I found more dealers but searching "bright crystal diamond jeweler".

Looking at their pages I found some irony & missed opportunities in their marketing. The first being the worst. If your name includes the term "bright", your slogan should represent that image.

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 5.58.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 5.58.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 5.59.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 6.02.35 PM.png

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Looking at their pages I found some irony & missed opportunities in their marketing. The first being the worst. If your name includes the term "bright", your slogan should represent that image.

hahaha ahhh... wow. They must not have a big marketing budget!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This seems like a logical guess. Although I found more dealers but searching "bright crystal diamond jeweler".

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 5.58.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 5.58.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 5.59.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 6.02.35 PM.png

Was on a LGD site yesterday and almost every page was identical and just stuffed with key words. Things like this are just thrown together by some cheap web developers. The craziest thing though is tiffany education - it has always been bad - but this ray path demo is dumber than dumb:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I found more dealers but searching "bright crystal diamond jeweler".
Yep, I don't know why I said Brilliant Crystal Diamond was my Google search phrase; Bright Crystal Diamond is what I plugged into Google.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results