shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed on this diamond

DiamondFix

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Still on the quest for 'the one" and after looking over the GIA report on this 3.5 carat with my limited knowledge, it looks good - but I thought I'd ask the experts to weigh in. How do you think this would perform compared to ACA? Any comments or concerns? Overall thoughts on this diamond?

I hope to have this narrowed down soon, and I appreciate the help in the meantime. It's been invaluable! =)2

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

RB
SI 1
Measurements 9.73 -9.76 x 5.96
Cut grade Excellent
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Fluorescence Faint

Eye clean

image0.jpeg

Last edited:

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

Still on the quest for 'the one" and after looking over the GIA report on this 3.5 carat with my limited knowledge, it looks good - but I thought I'd ask the experts to weigh in. How do you think this would perform compared to ACA? Any comments or concerns? Overall thoughts on this diamond?

I hope to have this narrowed down soon, and I appreciate the help in the meantime. It's been invaluable! =)2

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

RB
SI 1
Measurements 9.73 -9.76 x 5.96
Cut grade Excellent
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Fluorescence Faint

Eye clean

image0.jpeg

I'm no expert but the numbers look good. My concern would be the twining wisp grade setting inclusion , you would have to get that vetted if there is any transparency issues. I would also request Aset/Idealscope images for further evaluation.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
In general, numbers can give you an idea of how you might like a diamond to perform, the HCA can further enlighten you on predicted performance (as a means to reject a diamond). It can also tell you if a diamond is 'worth further investigation.'

Just remember that a lab report reflects a "wire-frame" of the diamond, and many of the numbers are rounded averages of several measurements. You can find all types of recommendations on PS for a perfect, or near-perfect set of measurements - and that will put you on the right path.,

Ultimately the performance images (ASET or Ideal-Scope) are going to tell you far more than a lab report.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You really need more images to be able to compare to a vetted stone...H&A, Idealscope, Aset image and up-close images of the stone.
The numbers are fine but they dont really tell enough if you are looking to compare with a vetted stone like an ACA.

Request those images and post when you get them.

DiamondFix

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your replies...
Here are the latest images of the diamond I received and would love any feedback you could provide. I did check the HCA and it scored a 0.9. I apologize if the images are huge.
image3.jpeg image2.jpeg image1.jpeg image0-1.jpeg

DiamondFix

Rough_Rock
You really need more images to be able to compare to a vetted stone...H&A, Idealscope, Aset image and up-close images of the stone.
The numbers are fine but they dont really tell enough if you are looking to compare with a vetted stone like an ACA.

Request those images and post when you get them.

Thank you Tyty...I've posted the images

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results