shape
carat
color
clarity

Inquiring about Ruby/diamond studs

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a message into the seller.... these look so sweet and pretty to me. But there is one modern brilliant in each stud, correct? Seller says that these were repurposed into studs—they were part of a large Victorian brooch. Seller also says OECs. Hmm.

I’ve asked for additional pictures and measurements. What’s your best guess on mm diameter? Seller says 0.30 ctw.

Aren’t they cute?!

4B34BF0C-A8D0-4C48-83BF-5784DD5B7041.jpeg B806F668-8CB8-42D3-8990-D734DEFE3349.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
These are pretty! Weirdly, one diamond in each earring looks like an mrb. The others are old cuts. So strange. Maybe they didn’t have enough old cuts from brooch to make the halo but I don’t know why they didn’t match old cut instead of adding a brilliant. They are still cute!

Edited to add I read your post too fast. You also noticed that there was just one modern round brilliant in each one.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look like old mine cuts with a replacement round brilliant in each earring. Either they didn’t have enough old diamonds or maybe those were replacements for lost mine cuts over the years. Can’t take a guess on size since I don’t even have any earrings but they are cute!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I really like them!! And yes, I agree there is one MRB in each earring.

LadyGoodman

Rough_Rock
Trade
Love the look! Not sure this is going to make sense, but this looks like one earring and they mirrored the image to make two? Everything about them is identical, wear to the metal, the old cut faceting. That’s what it looks like to me anywa. if they are antique components off a brooch there would be some differences, I would think

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the look! Not sure this is going to make sense, but this looks like one earring and they mirrored the image to make two? Everything about them is identical, wear to the metal, the old cut faceting. That’s what it looks like to me anywa. if they are antique components off a brooch there would be some differences, I would think

I noticed this, too. The culets also look the same. Did they take a pic of the best one and mirror image it?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are cute, thanks for sharing!

In fact, they gave me a design inspiration - to have a pair of smaller earring jackets made in the shape of a flower for casual wear!

DK

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know what, your're right! Definitely looks like mirror images of the same earring.

Really pretty, but I'd check with the seller on this...I'd want to see the other earring lol!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone! I think I am going to pass on these. I do agree that it’s a mirror image of just one of the earrings. I asked for additional pictures last night, what the diameter was, and if there was one MRB in each earring.

She responded that they are approximately 6mm diameter, no MRB, and that her pictures were very clear—what else was I hoping to see?

I responded last night about the pointy arrows indicating MRB, and that I’d please like to see the earring backings and the earrings from the sides so that the posts could be viewed.

I have not heard back. I follow this seller on Ruby Lane, and I’ve purchased one other pair of earrings years ago (great transaction).

Here is the link for anyone else interested! I should keep saving for my studs upgrade. <insert Angel emoji>

I will own a pair of these someday.... but 3x as large and perhaps they’ll dangle just below the lobe... ;-)

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The listing is now updated with the pictures of the earring posts, and the seller responded to me at the same moment (literally) as I hit send on my previous post.

I did not ask her about the mirror image concern, FYI, but I appreciate you sleuths pointing that out!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s too bad the seller isn’t willing to do more as the design is really pretty.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just going to say that if you pass on them, I wonder if Whiteflash could make you their flower cluster earrings with a ruby in the middle??

Wouldn’t that be gorgeous? And blingy!!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was just going to say that if you pass on them, I wonder if Whiteflash could make you their flower cluster earrings with a ruby in the middle??

Wouldn’t that be gorgeous? And blingy!!

I have been thinking about them! Especially since the JOTW status. :)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results