shape
carat
color
clarity

Inputs on 4 ctw diamond studs

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys

First of would like to humbly acknowledge the privilidged position of being able to buy 4 ctw (ie 2 carats each) diamond stud earrings for my wife for our 10th anniversary.
Based on all of my research and talking to industry experts, here are the specs I have identified:
1. I color, VS2 clarity, 2 carats each
2. Super ideal cut with great optical quality - here is what that means
- Triple Ex of course
- Table 54 to 57
- Depth 61 to 62.5
- Crown Angle 34 to 35
- Pavilion Angle 40 to 41
- Excellent light return when viewed through idealscope
- High & very high rating on Gemex for brilliance, sparkle and fire
- Ex symmetry when viewed through H&A scope

So as you can see I have gone less expensive on color and clarity and more on cut.

My wife also has a ring in G/ VS1 and I just want to make sure given these earrings are in I, they don’t look yellow compared to her ring. Alternative would be to reduce the size to 3.8 ctw and go for H/VS2.

Would appreciate any inputs

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go...Super Ideal stones like you asked for
or
(need to make sure these match up in size well enough...I think they probably will)

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
Here you go...Super Ideal stones like you asked for
or
(need to make sure these match up in size well enough...I think they probably will)

Thank you. Any inputs on color and whether I will look yellow compared to my wife’s G/ VS2 ring? If for the same budget I could get H/ VS2 in 3.8 ctw vs I/ VS2 4 ctw, what would you suggest?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, she wont be wearing them next to her engagement ring so I think they will look white in her ears. However, if you dont want them
to look tinted when they are close to her ering then you probably should go with H.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on her color sensitivity. I would not see the color in earrings from a distance.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
For what it’s worth, I myself have a gorgeous G/VS2 ACA E-ring and recently commissioned a custom-cut pair of H/VS1/VS2 ACA studs from Whiteflash that total just over 3.7 ctw.

I had the same dilemma as you, debating whether I should instead get a pair of I/VS2 ACA studs totalling 4-4.2 ctw. However, it was very short-lived.

In my opinion, the difference in size would be so minute that it would not be worth risking any potential tint (plus I have tiny lobes and anything over 1.9 ct would hang heavy and look silly).

I would say the same to you: that a 1.9 ct stud would be near identical to a 2.0 ct stud in size... so why risk any potential tint?

Good luck!!

Can’t wait to see the final product!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Just as an FYI, super ideal and 3X are not the same thing. I honestly don’t know why you would go so large yet get I color. I would go down in size and higher in color. If her ring is G I would not go below that. I don’t know how large her ring is, but I color in the 2ct each ear will be evident. G to I, especially in that size, is a definitive difference.

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
Just as an FYI, super ideal and 3X are not the same thing. I honestly don’t know why you would go so large yet get I color. I would go down in size and higher in color. If her ring is G I would not go below that. I don’t know how large her ring is, but I color in the 2ct each ear will be evident. G to I, especially in that size, is a definitive difference.

Thanks for your inputs. Going and inspecting colors on Sunday. Also taking my wife’s G/VS1 2 ct ring with me.

My backup plan to I/VS2 4 ctw is H/VS2 3.8 ctw. While Whiteflash doesn’t have them in ACA, I have managed to find a pair that matches my specs.

Attachments

• 6214219441.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • 6365398698.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 9
Thanks for your inputs. Going and inspecting colors on Sunday. Also taking my wife’s G/VS1 2 ct ring with me.

My backup plan to I/VS2 4 ctw is H/VS2 3.8 ctw. While Whiteflash doesn’t have them in ACA, I have managed to find a pair that matches my specs.

Good plan, because colour sensitivity and size preference are so individual! Like for me I can’t see the difference between G and I no matter the lighting source so I’d always go for the bigger stones since I have enormous earlobes. But if you’re colour sensitive you might want to go G (or split the difference at H) and accept the smaller size.

I’m sure your wife is going to be overjoyed! Exciting!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
My studs have always been J 's but I would be really thrilled for G/H color as long as the cut was super ideal. Clarity as long as I can't see it and no carbon I'm okay with Si1

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
All

I posted it in show me the bling thread but wanted to post it here as well.

All

For the last 3 months I have been shopping for diamond earrings for our 10th anniversary.

When I started I didn’t really know what I wanted. I feel in the last few months I have become an armchair economist in diamonds :). All thanks to Pricescope.

I was also fortunate that I had a friend who worked at one of world’s largest sightholder. That allowed me to see a large range of diamonds in person - different colors, clarities, sizes etc.

In the end I decided to go with I/ VS and size somewhere between 2 to 2.5 carats.

Finally got I / VS2/ 4.41 ctw pair from David S Diamonds in NY. Highly suggest you check him out. One of the only two stores I found in NY that goes about selecting diamonds in a way that PS users would.

Sorry don’t have great shots but here is one. I have it to my wife today and she loved it. It was so worth it. 87FE9692-6A06-4BEF-9A7F-6D8AE61BBDA3.jpeg

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! Happy anniversary.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
So amazing can we see ear shots when she can. I have such DSS saving for my 3.0 tcw. Hubby says a couple more months. I can hardly wait.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results