shape
carat
color
clarity

Input pls!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dorothysoos

Rough_Rock
I''ve posted a pair of diamonds recently for input but was sold before I got to it.So now I''ve to start my search all over again.Any advice or imput would be greatly appreciated.

Diamond 1
AGS ideal
Measurement 6.78x6.81x4.15
Fsi1 1.156 carat
Polish I
Sym I
Pro I
Colour Fsi1 1.146 carat
Table 56% Depth 61%
crown A 34.5
% 15.1
Pav A 40.9
% 43.1
Faceted 0.7 to 1.2
HCA 1.5 Ex

Diamond 2
AGS Ideal
Measurement 6.80x6.84x4.16
Table 56%
Depth 61%
Polish I
Sym I
Pro
Crown A 35.3
% 15.7
Pav A 41.0
% 43.1%
Faceted 07 to 1.0%
HCA 3.1 Vg(is this good ????)

Diamond 3
GIA
Fsi1 1.16 carat
measurement 6.77x6.81x4.14
Table 56.3%
Depth 60.9%
CrownA 34.5
%15.0
Pav A 40.6
% 42.5
Culet 1.2
girdle 0.9 to 1.2
HCA 0.7 ex

I need to choose a pair and any help wouuld be greatThanks

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
Out of the three you listed, and the information provided, I would choose numbers 1 and 3. Number 2 has a slightly deep pavilion combined with a relatively steep crown, which is getting close to the steep-deep combination that can result in more light leakage and less light return than a more ideally cut stone. Thus the slightly worse HCA score. There's a chance number 2 is a beautiful stone, but by looking only at the numbers, it is a lot less likely a beatufiul stone than say, numbers one and two, which have a better chance of being great performers as far as light return goes.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ditto what Magnum said - as long as these diamonds perform as the numbers suggest they should, I'd select #1 and #3. #2 may still be a beautiful diamond, but it has the potential for some light leakage given the steep/deep proportion on the crown/pav angles.

Have you seen any of these?

dorothysoos

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 4/23/2004 4:18:57 AM aljdewey wrote:

Ditto what Magnum said - as long as these diamonds perform as the numbers suggest they should, I'd select #1 and #3. #2 may still be a beautiful diamond, but it has the potential for some light leakage given the steep/deep proportion on the crown/pav angles.

Have you seen any of these?

----------------

Thanks for all yr info.No i have not seen any of these diamonds and I won't be seeing it till its shipped to me.How do I get it independently appraisal and mounted and then shipped to me??.I hope there is no margin for error cos' its shipped half around the world to get to me and I will be in loads of trouble if ...Thanks again.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I, too, would choose #1 and #3. They are both extremely close in terms of proportions and, most important, diameters. F/SI 1 is always nice too.
9.gif
Just make sure they are pretty much eye-clean from the top. I wouldn't consider stone #2 --as others have suggested, it's likely to be a steep/deep combo with some leakage.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results