shape
carat
color
clarity

Input Please! 1.69 I VS2 ACA on Hold

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Do you prefer to only buy from WhiteFlash? Do you want to consider other super ideal vendors? If you want to consider other vendors, did you check HPD or Victor Canera? I did a very quick search at VC and found a few that were a bit smaller, but higher color. I attached one. I also did a quick search at HPD and there is an option there too- I’m not sure how to attach it here. I think you did great with your WF pick as you cannot go wrong with a super ideal stone. It just depends on your preferred vendor, setting and whether you want to focus on size or color. Good luck! Can‘t wait to see what you decide

Last edited:

bps413

Shiny_Rock
Do you prefer to only buy from WhiteFlash? Do you want to consider other super ideal vendors? If you want to consider other vendors, did you check HPD or Victor Canera?

I like that WF has a large inventory to select from. I've also been checking HPD, VC and BGD but their inventories are also pretty limited right now, especially in my desired budget.

Do you think moving to an H will make that big of a difference and is worth the price increase & decrease in size?

Last edited:

simbelmyne

Rough_Rock
Have you seen side-by-side comparison photos of this I diamond with G, H, or even F? For people that are color-sensitive, I will look warm for sure. Of course if you go for yellow-gold or rose-gold settings, the I will work great. It all depends on your and your fiancee's preferences.

bps413

Shiny_Rock
Have you seen side-by-side comparison photos of this I diamond with G, H, or even F? For people that are color-sensitive, I will look warm for sure. Of course if you go for yellow-gold or rose-gold settings, the I will work great. It all depends on your and your fiancee's preferences.

Here are a few diamonds that were pulled for comparison...please let me know your thoughts! The far left H looks the whitest to me, then, I feel like it's very close between #2 (H) and #3 (the I on reserve). This would go in a platinum 6 prong setting.
side by side2.JPG

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
Whiteflash will tell you whether it is a high I closer to an H or a low I closer to a J. That would probably make the decision easier.
Inventory in that range is really limited right now. I'm looking myself for an earring upgrade that there isn't much available right now.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I like that WF has a large inventory to select from. I've also been checking HPD, VC and BGD but their inventories are also pretty limited right now, especially in my desired budget.

I did see a few on VC site and one on HPD. I seem to be leaning to VC because his settings are hand forged But, WF is amazing and you selected a super ideal stone.

Do you think moving to an H will make that big of a difference and is worth the price increase & decrease in size?

whether moving to a H or not is a decision only you can make. For me, I bought my diamond about 6 weeks ago. I originally bought a H color and I saw color in it, so I returned it and bought a G and I am super pleased. So, for me personally, moving one color helped me a ton. As far as price, my first stone was a 2.12 H color and I moved to a 2.23 G color (both were VS1), so I did pay a bit more for the G color, but I’m super glad I did. I also bought from a vendor where I got a discount on the setting because I bought his stone. Thus, in the long run, it all worked out.

If you love the stone you have on hold, you should get it! Only you need to be happy with your stone.

Last edited:

simbelmyne

Rough_Rock
Here are a few diamonds that were pulled for comparison...please let me know your thoughts! The far left H looks the whitest to me, then, I feel like it's very close between #2 (H) and #3 (the I on reserve). This would go in a platinum 6 prong setting.
side by side2.JPG

I personally prefer cooler stones, and based on this photo, the H on the far left is coolest. Again it really depends on whether you can see the color during everyday use. A halo setting will mask the color nicely. However, if you have a solitaire and tend to often think about the warmth of the rock, definitely go cooler.

bps413

Shiny_Rock
I originally bought a H color and I saw color in it, so I returned it and bought a G and I am super pleased.

Did you just have the vendor ship the stone itself to you for inspection first? Prior to having it set? Is that a common request? Did you have to pay for shipping/insurance?

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Did you just have the vendor ship the stone itself to you for inspection first? Prior to having it set? Is that a common request? Did you have to pay for shipping/insurance?

Yes, the vendor was HPD and they shipped me the stone for inspection. They paid for the shipping and insurance both ways, even though I decided to return it. They were very nice. I needed to see the stone by itself first. From what I understand, this is super typical. I assume that WF and VC would also do this. You want to be sure you love your diamond before you have it set. I ended up buying my stone from VC and he is within driving distance from my home.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to add-- you could buy 2 diamonds and have them shipped to you and just return the stone you like less. It is shocking how easy it is to return one of these diamonds through the mail. For me, and it may only be me, but I was able to see slight differences in the way vendors cut stones and I was happy that I saw stones from 2 different vendors and was able to make my choice with the diamonds in front of me. I found out that I preferred one vendor's cut above another. This is way too much to have any "what if's" IMO

Edited to add: I never say a WF stone. But, I did see a VC and HPD stone and I was able to make a decision with those 2 vendors. At the time I was looking, WF did not have a stone that I was interested in.

bps413

Shiny_Rock
They paid for the shipping and insurance both ways, even though I decided to return it. They were very nice.

Yes, I've heard and so far experienced amazing customer service from the team over at HPD. I get why everyone here really raves about them! Sounds like this was part of the SITBI program.

you could buy 2 diamonds and have them shipped to you and just return the stone you like less. It is shocking how easy it is to return one of these diamonds through the mail.

Logistical question on this, because I could see this being a really great way to do a side by side! Did both vendors just put a hold on your card payment until the stone was returned, after which the credit card hold was released? Or do they actually charge you in full and process the payment, then refund you once the stone is returned?

I understand this may vary by vendor, but specifically with your experience.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I've heard and so far experienced amazing customer service from the team over at HPD. I get why everyone here really raves about them! Sounds like this was part of the SITBI program.

Logistical question on this, because I could see this being a really great way to do a side by side! Did both vendors just put a hold on your card payment until the stone was returned, after which the credit card hold was released? Or do they actually charge you in full and process the payment, then refund you once the stone is returned?

I understand this may vary by vendor, but specifically with your experience.

The way I did it— I bought a stone from HPD and had no intention of returning it. I really thought it was my stone and I was very excited about it. I wired full payment to HPD before they mailed it. Once I saw the HPD stone, I went to VC to see his stones. I completely fell in love with one of his stones and I couldn’t let it get away, so I also wired money to Victor. Thus, for a period of about 3 days, I had NO money in my account because I had technically paid for 2 stones. I’m not sure how it works with credit cards. I think vendors discount the diamonds if you wire money rather than credit card. If you are considering 2 WF stones, just ask your SA as I’m sure they are familiar with what to do. If you are getting a VC or HPD stone, I think you need to ask them. I can’t wait to see what you choose.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I think the first one, the H, is definitively more colorless. And the H color paired with SI1 clarity is a great value.

bps413

Shiny_Rock
I think the first one, the H, is definitively more colorless. And the H color paired with SI1 clarity is a great value.

Agreed, unfortunately...both were purchased almost as soon as I received photos from WF. Any concerns you see with the I color? I posted the cert in the original post above, for reference.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, unfortunately...both were purchased almost as soon as I received photos from WF. Any concerns you see with the I color? I posted the cert in the original post above, for reference.

I don't see any issues wtih the I color that's on hold. It looks very similar to the H (2nd from left). Obviously the left-most H is "whitest" in the face down photo, but between the 2nd H and the I it's really hard to tell.

bps413

Shiny_Rock
I don't see any issues wtih the I color that's on hold. It looks very similar to the H (2nd from left). Obviously the left-most H is "whitest" in the face down photo, but between the 2nd H and the I it's really hard to tell.

Really appreciate a second set of eyes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results