shape
carat
color
clarity

Input on this asscher PLEASE!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jimmerson

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody, thanks in advance for your help/input/evaluation of an Asscher I was shown recently at a local jeweler:

From the GIA:
G
Vs2
Ex/Ex
Thick Girdle
6.11x6.10x4.20
Depth: 68.9
Table: 60

From the sarin:
6.12x6.10x4.20
Crown angle: 33.5
Crown Height: 16.7%
Pavilion Angle: 39.1
Pavilion Height: 48.5%
Girdle: 3.8%

Price: $7700

I''d love to get input on the specs, as well as the price. I HAVE seen the stone, and it''s beauteeeeeful (I know that''s what''s most important, but please indulge my request)!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds good.
If it has good patterns and you love it sounds good to go.
Price is reasonable for a b&m

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I seriously doubt you'll regret it.

I have an F VS1 and I regret not getting a larger H VS2. LOL. You won't see the clarity difference. And the color is just one grade. And you are saving $$ of money.

ETA: Just saw your email addy. It's against Forum rules to post email addy's. Please review forum rules you signed up for.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is hard to find a well-cut asscher.
You don't exactly have a million choices and they do face up small for their weight.

Have you seen a 1.3 carat asscher?
If so are you willing to go down in size or pay a lot more money for a 1.3 carat F VVS?

As far as paying for higher color and clarity I'd get out and see a lot of stones in person.
Color and clarity is very personal.

I recently bought a F VVS2 asscher.
That is my comfort zone.
But many people feel paying for anything better than eye-clean (Around GIA SI1) is a waste of money.
People vary.

I believe you can only develop *your* color/clarity comfort zone by seeing stones in person.

jimmerson

Rough_Rock
Here''s a pic. It''s a HORRIBLE angle, and certainly doesn''t do the stone justice, but perhaps it may help. I believe this is a 10x look, and note the flaws are in the background, as it''s just sitting on paper.

asschdiam2.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry cant tell anything from the photo.
bad lighting , bad angle and it was resized wrong.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/22/2007 5:45:11 PM
Author: jimmerson
Here''s a pic. It''s a HORRIBLE angle, and certainly doesn''t do the stone justice, but perhaps it may help. I believe this is a 10x look, and note the flaws are in the background, as it''s just sitting on paper.
it is a worry if someone can take this photo - but not one straight on face up?

At VS2 the ''flaws'' are not the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results