shape
carat
color
clarity

Input on CADs for 3 Stone Ring?

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

Some of you may have followed my last thread on getting a 3 stone setting. After talking to multiple vendors, I decided to go with BE. It was a tough decision, but I have worked with them before and they are helping me on a couple of other projects.

I would love some input on the CADs! I loved a Stuller ring (pictures attached) and ultimately was worried about the quality. BE was able to create a similar look. The most important thing to me is the top view, from spacing of the sidestones and tilt of them. The proportions will be a bit different than the inspiration ring. My center stone is 1.01ct (6.45mm) and each of the side stones will be .33ct (4.4mm).

Do the sidestones still look too tilted?
I had them beef up the shank and maybe it is too thick now? It is 2.5mm and tapers to 2mm. The 1st CAD was 1.9mm tapering to 1.5mm.
Do the side baskets look too rounded?

Thanks!

CADs
jill3f.jpg
jill3c.jpg
jill3d.jpg
jill3a.jpg

Inspiration Ring
image1_27.jpg
image2_15.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, BE looks to be doing a nice job with your CADS. If the side stones are tilted too much it seems to be ever so slightly. I do
think the "baskets" are a little more rounded in the CAD then in your inspiration ring. In the inspiration ring they look a little
more pointed where they meet at the bottom and a little less curved. I think less curved would be better so it follows the lines
of the center stone a little better.

I really like your design. Looking forward to seeing the finished ring!

Edit...with the tapering of the shank...I think I would go somewhere in between the 2 you've gotten so far. Maybe 1.8 tapering
down to 2.3 or so.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I agree with Ty about the angle but from the face on position it looks good. I would think about narrowing the shank down a bit too.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The baskets of the sidestones are different shape than the inspiration. They are squared in the CAD, and in the picture they are more V like.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks tyty333, MissGotRocks and Gypsy!

It is always nice to get opinions and you confirmed my thinking. I like the shape of the center basket, but I think the side baskets are too rounded compared to the center basket and need to be more V-like. Hopefully they can make the final changes and we can move ahead to the finished ring!

Gypsy - I did see ZestfullyBling's new ring. It is very pretty and I really like the proportions, so I think I will like my proportions as well!

Mailin

Rough_Rock
Sort of off topic but holy wow!!! Who did you have to pay off to get a CAD rendering like that?

(mine was nowhere near as pretty or accurate to my desired design request)

mrh1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most CADs from our vendors (the ones we recommend here for CAD work) look like hers.

You may have used a PS recommended vendor. But no ONE vendor is good at everything. And many vendors we like for stones do not do well for settings. And just looking at that CAD I KNOW you didn't use the right vendor for that pave halo of yours.

It's not enough to pick a good jeweler. With custom work you have to pick the right vendor for the specific design you are looking at. So for that design you are looking at you should be looking at Brilliantly Engaged, David Klass, Brian Gavin or Whiteflash. That's pretty much the list of CAD vendors we recommend for pave. If you used any other vendor, even one we like generally, it's not surprising they messed up. Pave is a very specific thing. And you need a bench that does it all day long.

Please read this: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-jewelry-work-cad-and-cast-psa.175834/#post-3202426#p3202426']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-jewelry-work-cad-and-cast-psa.175834/#post-3202426#p3202426[/URL]

Mailin

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1465105236|4040377 said:
Most CADs from our vendors (the ones we recommend here for CAD work) look like hers.

You may have used a PS recommended vendor. But no ONE vendor is good at everything. And many vendors we like for stones do not do well for settings. And just looking at that CAD I KNOW you didn't use the right vendor for that pave halo of yours.

It's not enough to pick a good jeweler. With custom work you have to pick the right vendor for the specific design you are looking at. So for that design you are looking at you should be looking at Brilliantly Engaged, David Klass, Brian Gavin or Whiteflash. That's pretty much the list of CAD vendors we recommend for pave. If you used any other vendor, even one we like generally, it's not surprising they messed up. Pave is a very specific thing. And you need a bench that does it all day long.

Please read this: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-jewelry-work-cad-and-cast-psa.175834/#post-3202426#p3202426']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-jewelry-work-cad-and-cast-psa.175834/#post-3202426#p3202426[/URL]

--- Seen your post on my melee thread, thanks. This CAD is from one of the people you have listed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results