shape
carat
color
clarity

Input on CAD for pear Sapphire ring

Elyxia

Rough_Rock
I've finally started the process of setting my lavender blue Sapphire into a 5 stone platinum ring I've been dreaming of for months now and would love some input on the CAD I've received from DK. The ring will have brilliant half moons diamonds and tapered bullets for side stones and my ring size is 4.25. I'm planning on wearing this with my antique French cut eternity wedding band.

I've never owned a pear ring and was wondering if the claw prong at the tip is enough to protect it? What do you think I should fix? Thank you in advance.

30804.jpg

_36098.jpg

screenshot_20151224-110858.png

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm not an expert, so I'd wait for those folks to chime in, but ... I'd want two claw prongs toward the bottom of your pear, too. I'm not sure the "v" at the tip would be enough. It'd make me nervous to only have that. Also, it doesn't seem like your band will sit flush with this ring. Is that okay with you? Just want to be sure. Can't wait to see it! :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer 5 prongs; 4 claw and a chevron prong.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous and fluid design. I like!!! Your beautiful stone will be the star of the ring in this elegant setting.
I would definitely want more protection for the tip. I would indeed choose a chevron tip as Chrono suggested. The current prong seems to vulnerable.

I love love love your wedding band.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got a few pair shaped stones, so just make sure you use a V prong at the end. I think they're much more secure and protective of the sharp tip, and I think it would look fine with this ring. Otherwise you need two prongs as mentioned.

Elyxia

Rough_Rock
Thank you SparkliesLuver, Chrono, Acinom and Arcadian :)
I'll ask if a chevron prong can be incorporated in the design. Hopefully it will still look fluid design wise.

I am a tad worried about how the set will look as like you mentioned SparkliesLuver, the band will most likely not sit flush with the ring. I'm not sure whether I should get a spacer, especially since there's engravings on the band?

Elyxia

Rough_Rock
I've stumbled on this setting and was wondering what you all thought of the double clawed prong here, do you think I can use this style for the tip or is it too small to protect much? And would it look odd if it's the only double clawed prong? I'm a bit lost since I can't picture the chevron prong very well with the weaving style :( Appreciate any help!

double_prong.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will look odd to have all single prongs + 1 double prong, whereas we are used to seeing all single prongs + 1 chevron prong. Ask David for a mock up of the ring with the chevron prong to decide whether you are fine with this look.

Elyxia

Rough_Rock
So as suggested, I expressed my concerns to David and asked if he could either incorporate a chevron prong or double claw to the design and here is the result. What do you all think? Also adding a picture of the stones.

30804-2.jpg

20160121_092924.jpg

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Personally I like the way the double claw looks. The stones look lovely together as well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results