shape
carat
color
clarity

Input Needed Please

Bbat

Rough_Rock
420DE91E-DE18-43DB-B7AE-B205870E1811.png Hello - I have been looking for a H&A LGD and would like to get input on these
LG 530294632
HCA score 0.9 with VG for spread and Excellent on all others

Is the ASET diagram on this cert the actual stone or example?

GIA 1457430272 ASET attached
HCA Score 1.0 with VG on spread and excellent on all others

I also have questions related to a setting and suggestions on which online vendor is better quality for settings, understanding I may end up not finding the selection and quality setting I’m looking for at the same location as where I purchase the loose stone.

Thank you!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them both, with a preference for the second one. Do you mean the H&A images on the first report? Those are stock images, not actual.

These prices seem on the high side. This is what I'd recommend instead.

A lot of people get the setting and stone from different vendors. It depends on how intricate the setting is. Can you post a photo of the setting you have in mind?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I do think it is the ASET for the diamond...the small spots of leakage seem to correlate.

Bbat

Rough_Rock
I like them both, with a preference for the second one. Do you mean the H&A images on the first report? Those are stock images, not actual.

These prices seem on the high side. This is what I'd recommend instead.

A lot of people get the setting and stone from different vendors. It depends on how intricate the setting is. Can you post a photo of the setting you have in mind?

Thanks
I agree the pricing is high but both stones are less at another site - this site seemed to have good pics which is why I listed this one. They are much less like ~6k
I do like the one you sent too - it meets all my criteria - and after discounts just about $1000 more than the 3.19 and about $1200 more than the 3.16

Of these 3 given the pricing info - which one do you think has the best sparkle and least light leakage? Is the larger one 3.28 worth the higher price?
Also I’m unsure about the inclusions on the 3.16 - is this something you can see?

My initial plan was to find a narrow (less than 3mm) row pave (pave on prongs and basket/hidden halo) but realized I won’t likely get a flush fit with a matching wedding band so I’m considering the single row pave same basket prong coverage so I can do a narrow (2mm or less) pave band. Looking at 1/2 or 3/4 band coverage - probably 1/2 to alllow for sizing of needed.
OR - have a set custom to not have the “inner” sides covered so they will sit flush together. But I’m concerned about the quality when doing custom work as I have read and heard not great reviews when changes are made - I.e. prong alignment and overall symmetry.
Ideally I would like to use a single vendor that is known for good quality settings and if they can get the stone and price match - I’ll be all set - otherwise I will need to chose a stock setting and hope quality is good.
I have read, heard, and seen great things about Ritani’s stone pricing and they certainly seem to be better than others for the stones but not so much with the setting selections, pricing, and quality
Thoughts?

Thanks!

Bbat

Rough_Rock
Thanks
I agree the pricing is high but both stones are less at another site - this site seemed to have good pics which is why I listed this one. They are much less like ~6k
I do like the one you sent too - it meets all my criteria - and after discounts just about $1000 more than the 3.19 and about $1200 more than the 3.16

Of these 3 given the pricing info - which one do you think has the best sparkle and least light leakage? Is the larger one 3.28 worth the higher price?
Also I’m unsure about the inclusions on the 3.16 - is this something you can see?

My initial plan was to find a narrow (less than 3mm) row pave (pave on prongs and basket/hidden halo) but realized I won’t likely get a flush fit with a matching wedding band so I’m considering the single row pave same basket prong coverage so I can do a narrow (2mm or less) pave band. Looking at 1/2 or 3/4 band coverage - probably 1/2 to alllow for sizing of needed.
OR - have a set custom to not have the “inner” sides covered so they will sit flush together. But I’m concerned about the quality when doing custom work as I have read and heard not great reviews when changes are made - I.e. prong alignment and overall symmetry.
Ideally I would like to use a single vendor that is known for good quality settings and if they can get the stone and price match - I’ll be all set - otherwise I will need to chose a stock setting and hope quality is good.
I have read, heard, and seen great things about Ritani’s stone pricing and they certainly seem to be better than others for the stones but not so much with the setting selections, pricing, and quality
Thoughts?

Thanks!

Sorry - I just realized I missed the 3 for the 3 row pave in my first sentence about the initial setting idea. I don’t want something too wide as I have shorter kinda fat fingers -size 7.75/8 - when tho I’m not a large person ( 5’4” 130lb) but my comfort ring size is big

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks

Of the three, I would pick the 3.16. I like that you already have the ASET image for it, and I love its proportions. I don't think the 3.28 is worth $1200 more. There's pretty much zero chance you'd see the inclusions in a VVS2, so I wouldn't worry about them.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I agree that Ritani (as well as many of the other lower priced stone vendors who are often recommended) is known for their stones and not for their settings.

I think David Klass Jewelry would do a great job at your setting. They often work with customer-sourced stones and could do a CAD for both the e-ring and wedding band at the same time to make sure they fit flush.

I like your idea of doing the "inner" sides without pave, as the diamonds on the sides will wear down or scratch anything they sit next to. Keep in mind that a 1/2 or 3/4 eternity will spin, so it's very likely that the e-ring and wedding band will be unaligned much of the time.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I cant comment on the stones - i will leave that the the experts @Kim N and @DejaWiz , but i will comment on the flush wedding band. You can have the engagement ring setting you want made, and tell the jeweler you want it to sit flush and he or she can adjust the design for that.

I bought a Ritani diamond but Im having the setting made and I feel like it's still cheaper than if i bought a similar setting from one of the big chain places. Honestly it's something i can't buy anywhere anyway, it's a replica of an antique ring. I think the 'popular' vendors people use here for custom settings have quality that blows away most of the pre-made settings you would buy direct. I have heard users complain about the quality on settings they bought from bigger diamond places or local jewelers, but never really heard complaints from any of the popular custom vendors people use here. I also like that i get exactly what i want and can make it 'me' and unique, i dont have to just settle for hat they have, i can get anything i want!

Bbat

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the advice
Unfortunately I missed the 3.16 - it is now showing as not available
I’ll continue my search
@Kim N and @DejaWiz is there a way for me to communicate with you privately only in effort to avoid potential lurkers grabbing up a stone before I can get the requested feedback? If not I understand - this is the 2nd one I’ve missed - which may not have been because I posted it here for all to see but there is that possibility.
Thank you!

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the advice
Unfortunately I missed the 3.16 - it is now showing as not available
I’ll continue my search
@Kim N and @DejaWiz is there a way for me to communicate with you privately only in effort to avoid potential lurkers grabbing up a stone before I can get the requested feedback? If not I understand - this is the 2nd one I’ve missed - which may not have been because I posted it here for all to see but there is that possibility.
Thank you!

Sadly there isnt a DM function here. But if you tag folks when you're online and READY to put a stone on hold asap it should work for us to post suggestions

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I'm on Reddit...pretty easy to find me

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm online now if you're here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results