shape
carat
color
clarity

Initial Plans - Comment and Criticize Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

k3vb0t

Rough_Rock
Let me introduce myself. My name is Kevin, and I am 18 (19 in April). I am dating a girl right now (don't want to use any names on the highly off chance she sees this
2.gif
) that has been my best friends since November 2001. We started dating February 2002, then she dumped me in April, we went on and off until December 2002 where I drew the line (she was immature and had taken advantage of my uncompromised love for her). Sounds like a good start, eh?

Well this past February, after not talking for two months, she sent me a 3 page email that was basically an apology, owning up to treating me like dirt, and a promise she was ready to be mature and have a serious relationship with me now. She's a year younger than me (me: freshman in college, she: senior in hs), and on the weekend of March 1st, she had an audition at a college 2 hrs from mine and visited me with permission from her parents. We spent the entire day together and talked about everything - past, present, and future. We decided we wanted to get back together.

Now, I know it's only been a month, but I had my spring break and went home to spend every day with her (her spring break was same week too). I am confident and in complete trust of our love for each other. She loves me and accepts me how I am, and I have always loved her. I don't believe we'll ever be apart, and we'll end up getting married. Now I don't want to get married right this instance obviously. I want to wait a year or two before proposing... so this gives me a lot of time to think of the perfect plan, perfect setting, and perfect proposal.

So here's what I've got so far:
We live in East TN and our choir went on a trip my senior year to Chicago, Ill. We went to the Field Museum. I was thinking (thanks to having read some other proposals and stealing snipits of good idea here and there!) about this:

I would take her on a trip back to Chicago. We would go to the Field Museum... there would be a display that reads: "At this exact spot on _________ (the day I propose) at this:time, Kevin asked ________ to be his wife." (or something like that). It would be in sort of a box, with something behind it so you wouldn't be able to see it from behind. Starting at the side of the display and curling around the back would be a line of pedestals every couple of feet, with a small box (not ring boxes, like wooden maybe) with a note about why I love her. At the end of this line (next to the display) would maybe be a scrap book of our past times together, memories, etc.

So the museum would unveil it maybe an hour before we got there (I want a decent sized audience, but nothing like a football stadium
2.gif
) so people could read the display and wait because they would know it was going to happen at this time and this place, so why not watch? We would walk in, open all of the little boxes, look through the scrapbook, then go to the front of the display. As she reads the card in the display, I get on my knee with the ring.

Ta da...

Thoughts?

k3vb0t

Rough_Rock
5.gif
Okay 12 of you have read this with no response! Stop stealing from my mixed idea and comment, dang it
2.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds cute, though I would be worried about some malicious person messing with the display beforehand. You'd definitely have to talk to the museum people too, to make sure they knew what it was.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
My eyes watered. I think I would go to the Field if I knew when-I live in Chicago. I think if you can get teh museum with you on this plan, it's perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results