shape
carat
color
clarity

Inherited some interesting things

EcstaticFool

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I recently inherited some items and these 3 rings in specific have baffled me. I was hoping maybe someone here would know something about them, even if it's just to identify the time period of the odd setting (which also seems strangely familiar as well). Unfortunately as of right now we dont have any other information, we've sent some inquiries to the family, but best guess is they had belonged to a great grandmother.
They havent yet been cleaned, one is missing a stone, and only one has a legible stamp of any kind. Not worried about trying to sell or make anything off of them obviously, just very curious.
All thoughts, suggestions, and infomation are appreciated!
Thank you!
20200412_125418.jpg 20200412_125448.jpg 20200412_125510.jpg 20200412_125527.jpg 20200412_125540.jpg

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
If I'm reading that right the mark says KLJCI which is for Robert Klein jewelry. I didn't find any reference to the company before the mid 80's. I just did a quick online search and it looks like they used real gemstones, probably not high quality in those little rings but clean them up enjoy them!! That might give you a start on finding more information...hope it helps.

EcstaticFool

Rough_Rock
If I'm reading that right the mark says KLJCI which is for Robert Klein jewelry. I didn't find any reference to the company before the mid 80's. I just did a quick online search and it looks like they used real gemstones, probably not high quality in those little rings but clean them up enjoy them!! That might give you a start on finding more information...hope it helps.

Cleaning is next on the agenda! :) That's what I read the stamp as too, but I didnt find any company to go with, so thank you! Hopefully I find something, it's really the setting that's is just driving me bonkers (its gotta get caught on everything!) I've been getting distracted trying to find something else like it, searching through pics of 'tower', 'high/tall setting' or 'birdcage', practically empty handed. At the same time something still screams familiar, if it's from the 80's maybe that's what it is... but hopefully not, my poor boyfriends family is stubborn, it could be a ring pop candy and theyll still go on about how its most definitely great grandmas precious family gems *facepalm*

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those settings are really, really high. I wonder if they were sold with optional ring guards and that’s why they are so tall?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Stamp looks like 10k gold, the stones may be emerald and perhaps peridot or prasiolite, with tiny diamonds?

It's hard to tell, as they do need a cleaning.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a very similar 10k emerald ring. It is commonly called a tulip ring.
I'd guess it dates 1970's or 80's. I found this one on Ebay.
IMG_20200414_214057.jpg IMG_20200414_214109.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results