shape
carat
color
clarity

Inherited ring makeover

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Relative noob here....my sweet mother passed away a few months ago, and I recently did a makeover of her wedding ring. The top left picture is her ring. I had the 3 round diamonds reset (one of the smaller diamonds was from her original engagement ring from 1953), and had a simple band made with 4 small baguettes that were on the sides of her ring. I wanted something that I could wear all the time, to remind me that my mom is always with me. The band is already a little scratched up, should have taken pictures before I wore it for a while.

Thanks for looking!

Mom's rings.jpg

emdash

Rough_Rock
How beautiful! What a lovely way to memorialize your mother and wear her stones. Thank you for sharing!

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry your mom passed away. What a lovely way to remember her! Enjoy them and wear them in good health.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your dear mum. What a lovely and special way to remember her.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
The resets look great!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's lovely! Such a nice thing to have of your mother's!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings turned out lovely....I'm sure your Mom would be proud.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love how you reset the stones! I also am so sorry for the loss of your mother. My mother recently had a stroke and went into assisted living, so I got her diamond and reset it into a pendant. It is nice to have special heirlooms to remember our mothers!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Diamond Seeker, I'm so sorry about your mother's recent illness. It's so difficult to watch a parent getting older and frailer. That's really nice that you have her diamond, wear it in good health!

emdash, bethprov, DandiAndi, lknvrb4, Amy's Bling, tyty333- thank you all for your kind words....I like to think she would be proud, and it comforts me to have something that was on her hand for so many years.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVELY and so special!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea that turned out beautifully! So sorry about your precious mother!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results