shape
carat
color
clarity

Ingwar vs. D.Vatche

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
I've been browsing settings, but have even less knowledge. Can anyone comment on Ingwar or D.Vatche?

A 3 stone Ingwer (without the sidestones) is $900 in platnum.
A 3 stone D.Vatche (without the sidestones) is $1485 in platnum.

How much better is the D.Vatche? Is it worth an extra $585?

Thanks!

toomanyquestions

Rough_Rock
Probably not. I have an Ingwar engagement and wedding band - very good quality. I think that Vatche is a little more pricey because it is more popular right now (although both are designer). I am sure that the platinum Ingwar uses is equivalent to the platinum Vatche uses... I doubt that the Vatche ring is >$500 more platinum in the setting either. SO, it comes down to style (is the style 500 bucks nicer).

Just my humble opinion....
twirl.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Both companies offer excellent quality, we source jewelry items from both companies... The D. Vatche 3 stone ring is a bit sleeker in appearance, but both are quite pretty!

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 1/15/2004 12:04:32 PM toomanyquestions wrote:

Probably not. I have an Ingwar engagement and wedding band - very good quality. I think that Vatche is a little more pricey because it is more popular right now (although both are designer). I am sure that the platinum Ingwar uses is equivalent to the platinum Vatche uses... I doubt that the Vatche ring is >$500 more platinum in the setting either. SO, it comes down to style (is the style 500 bucks nicer).

Just my humble opinion....
twirl.gif
----------------

Good way of looking at it: whether Vatche is $500 nicer or not? Whether it is a bigger name or really a nicer ring. It's harder to make a decision when you haven't seen something and it's even harder when you have one picture of each to work with. So with Vatche, are you paying enough for the name? If anyone has any more recommendations, that would be just ducky.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither names strikes me as a lasting international celebrities: these are brand names with some guarantee of quality attached and this is all. I just can't imagine someone showing up with an Ingver or DV ring and claiming "it's an X, you know" the same way one might with a Cartier ring. So it is all down to the quality of the settings (which seems decent in both cases) and your taste. Just my 0.2, I guess.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
It is a matter of personal preference, you should try and find a jeweler in your area who carries or has access to both of the rings... We sell both and in our opinion, the D. Vatche ring has a more graceful curve to the cathedral section of the ring and the X-prong configuration is better defined... The X-Prong configuration on the Ingwer version of the ring is kind of squatty looking... But that's just our opinion, the reality is that subtle differences in jewelry are viewed differently by other people... "To Each His Own" to coin a phrase... Or "her own" if you're so inclined
2.gif

Is the difference worth $500.00? Well, it really depends on which ring you like... It's kind of like paying for options on a car, some people find the option to be worth the expense and another person would not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results