shape
carat
color
clarity

Information please - new at this

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gwyck

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for information to help my son. He''s a Midshipman at the US Naval Academy and home on Spring Break. He''s planning to get engaged in the next few days (after he asks permission of the mom, uncle and brother). I''ve read with interest the posts and forums on the Leo, which they seem to have their heart set on (lots of info from a large chain jewelery store who says they are the only place to buy the Leo). I''d like to visit some independent jewelers for a few more opinions. Wish I was in the area to see Jonathan at Good Old Gold, however Long Island is a bit of a drive from Lake Worth, Florida. If it''s within the rules, does anyone have recommendations for "other than large chain store jewelers" in the Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, Boynton or Boca areas? Thank you.
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I don't know how far you are from West Melbourne, but the jeweler I use is there: http://www.diamondbrokersoffl.com/

Great and nice people, and they really know their stuff.

julieinkc

Rough_Rock
If you can drive up to West Melbourne, I'd would also highly recommend Diamond Brokers of Florida. I have been very impressed with them, especially how nice Jan is about all my e-mails! Your son would get something so much nicer than a mall store diamond!

rhodelc

Rough_Rock
Hi Navymom, I just purchased from Diamond Brokers of Florida in Melbourne. Nothing but good things to say about them. Jan is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Lynn

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
Stay away from retail stores! You will pay huge markups and are unlikely to find a quality stone. I almost bought a Leo too until I educated myself about diamonds. I got a MUCH MUCH MUCH better stone for less money.

If you like Jonathan at goodoldgold, give him a call. Would you have any objections to buying over the internet? I've spoken with him before and he was a wonderful source of help.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Run a few archive searches on the Leo diamond subject and you will see that many people who were sold on the marketing of the extra facets realized in the end that it was just a ploy to get more money for a mediocre cut stone. Do some research online and/or visit Jan as the others suggested to continue to educate yourself.

Your son is lucky to have such a helpful mother while he is away!

Good luck!

Gwyck

Rough_Rock
You have all been so helpful; thank you very much. I don't know if we'll get up to Melbourne while he is home -- it's a 3 hour drive. I suppose we could do it online, but he's really hoping to get the engagement wrapped up before he heads back to Annapolis. Thanks again.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results