shape
carat
color
clarity

Information on mountings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting general information on mountings? I plan to buy a diamond over the internet and was planning to do the same with the mounting. I have looked at various sites and was a little overwhelmed by the number of mountings that are available. I like the simple, classic Tiffany type settings, but not really sure how they compare to other similar designs. Sometimes it is a bit difficult to see the defining characteristics of particular styles from the somewhat small pictures on the internet (particularly when it''s only from one or two angles). Does anyone have any suggestions for particular companies whose mountings I should check out? If I go to a brick and mortar store would the names of certain designs by useful for my search when comparing to online stores or does each company come up with its own names. A bit perplexed...
Thanks!
1.gif

Nate

Shiny_Rock
What I did was look through all the websites to figure out what was out there and what I wanted. Once you figure out exactly what you want you've narrowed your search drastically and can start trying to find someone that will sell you the setting of your dreams at a decent price. Here is a page I made for my fiancee to help her figure out what she wants. This is what I think she'll like best.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Great....how you put that all together...

I love the truffle...it is in my top 2 choices...

I suspect she will love...you...the best...

Best wiches

di

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nate that page is great. You should post it for the newbies when they ask about settings!
1.gif

BTW where did you get the picture of the 'tapered prong' ring (YG solitaire with 6 prongs that tapers near the stone)...thats a beautiful picture and stone. Do you know the specs?

canadian 1

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! That is so weird (in a good way) that I came across this thread about choosing a mount. Well that really isn't the weird part, I'll get to that in a minute after I tell you the first part of the story.
3.gif

I still am so excited and can not stop looking at my soon to be beautiful addition to my finger, you know the one on the left hand. Yes I picked up my very first "carrot" 1.03 to be exact with a beautiful G colour (along with it's certificate that I bi%ched about to have) and like I said I can't stop looking at it. I thing that it is absolutlely gorgeous and I would like to thank Mara for helping me out along the way with my decision. It's a loose diamond and needs a home to park itself on lol lol, hence this is the weird part about coming upon this thread and seeing Nate's beautiful mounts that he posted. The one that you thought your wife would like the best, is the very same mount that I am considering if I go with a 3 stone look. I downloaded and printed pictures of it last night, now I have something to take with me while I hunt for it, I live in Canada so do not know what my chances of finding it are but I think it will be exciting to try.
If I go with a solitaire mount I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar look for a solitaire, (like the mount that Nate posted in the 3 stone) that might be an interesting look I thought. Can anyone help with that ?
Sorry Boulder for hogin in on your post, but when I seen that picture of the mount I couldn't help myself.
3.gif

gota go have another looksee, only about the 50th today!
9.gif

canadian 1

Nate

Shiny_Rock
So sweet diane5006!
love.gif

Glad everyone likes it!
1.gif
I'm a web developer by trade though, HTTP 1.0 isn't so impressive.
2.gif
tongue.gif
I spent a few hours looking for images of settings I semi-liked or thought she might, then threw 'em on a page and commented them. Maybe we could set up a gallery on Pscope.com, similiar to the thread in the "show me the ring" section? I've been working on an image gallery project that could be modified to work great for this!

I just thought that my fiancee might go straight to the URL and run across multiple pics of the Vatche setting and get a clue as to what she's getting... she's sneaky like that! So I copied all the photos and gave them fake names to try to deter her!
3.gif
If Leonid doesn't like the image gallery idea maybe I'll clean all this up and add a few pics to help people with finding settings.
1.gif

Mara, I can't say where the pic came from... I looked at soooo many pages to find these images. Every vendor listed on Pscope and some I googled, plus I scoured the Pscope and DT forums. Sorry!
sick.gif

canadian 1, you could always get the Vatche 3 stone truffle setting you mentioned you liked online. Vatche's website doesn't show any resellers in Canada. Might find one near the border close to you? The closest look for a solitaire I think would be the Vatche Royal Crown or the Vatche X Prong.

Vatche Royal Crown
926-b.gif

Vatche X Prong
804_b.gif

They make the RC and XProng with channel set side stones and you can get the X Prong with a pave or "knife edge" band... check out Vatche's website for all the options.
1.gif

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Nate, thank you!!!
appl.gif

This kind of presentation is exactly what I'm looking for. I particularly liked some of the comments that you made since they clarify what the difference is between particular types of mountings.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results