shape
carat
color
clarity

Info on this Cartier setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

I''m trying to find specs and other angle photos of this setting that was posted on PS in September 2004 as a Cartier by didiamond.

Thanks

cartieremerald_2.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Me too! I was thinking about using this for my asscher. Cartier has this exact ring on their site currently. I wonder if from side view, there are any inflection points as the shank meets the head?

We just may need to take a trip to Cartier, Pandora!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m really wanting to use this setting with a few alterations. But it looks like something odd is going on where the shank meets the head - or is it the angle?

May well have to trot along to Cartier - but I''m sure that they can read my mind in those places, yup, I''m a wuss!
20.gif

Do you know where it is on their website?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 4:31:17 PM
Author: Pandora II
I''m really wanting to use this setting with a few alterations. But it looks like something odd is going on where the shank meets the head - or is it the angle?
May well have to trot along to Cartier - but I''m sure that they can read my mind in those places, yup, I''m a wuss!
20.gif

Do you know where it is on their website?
Yes, me too! I''d like to use this with double claw prongs. What do you mean by something odd? Where the top shank meets the diamond or where the bottom shank meets the gallery?

If you go to the Cartier site, go to Collection, Jewlery, Categories, Rings. There are 27 pages of rings ,but you will find it about halfway through or so. Unfortunately, they don''t have additional angles.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Snap!

I'm thinking pave on the head, double claw prongs (a la Leon Mege) and channel setting (not sure if this is channel or bead - but mine will be channel). I'm going to put the cushion cut tsavorite that Wink has just found me in this.

Off to look at Cartier ... back soon!

ETA: Where the bottom of the shank meets the gallery just looks a bit strange.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I see what you mean. It's like the gallery gets wider than the shank beneath the diamond. Then the prongs are kinda "seated" on the gallery - not sure how else to describe it.

Have you seen the Daniel K Union Square?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Found it - but no other pictures.

I started off looking at the Daniel K, but liked the Cartier better. It just has this weird thing that seems to be sticking out on the right of the shank just under the gallery.

I think what I''m going to do is just redraw it with the bits I like and send it off to Wink in the hope he can work from it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about the Eiffle Tower setting by Gumuchian? I got this from Pearlman''s site, but a girlfriend of mine has a rectangular shaped emerald in this same setting and it is TO DIE FOR!

Eiffle tower.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here''s an image...

DanielKsplitshank1.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I like that too, but it's a bit too high set for me. This is my e-ring, so I'm wary about having something that sticks up too high as I'm likely to bash it about too much.

I'm also not wanting pave on the sides. I love the clean look of the cartier

ETA - the Eiffel Tower Ring that is.

Is that one the Union Square setting? I thought that had pave sides?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean Pandora - simple clean lines are better for me too. Yes, the Union Square that I saw did not have the pave on the sides.

What I love about that Cartier setting are how the two arms of the split shank have a gentle taper as they come together and how the split shank goes from flat and sraight into a rounded band. Subtle and nice.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Exactly - so many have this two rings stuck together look that I really don''t like.

Ho hum - off to photoshop
35.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with Photoshop. Maybe Irina can help? She's the master. Do you like the Ballerine Ring at all? Same weird thing at the lower shank, it looks like.

cartierballerine1.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Not fussed on that one, sorry, but it''s bit too curly for me.

Okay so:

I like the shank on the Cartier - but channel set
I like the pave head on the Daniel K Union Square and
I like the Leon Mege double claw prongs.

Simple!
20.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like we have similar tastes Pandora! Here is an image I photoshopped, but I took out some of the Union Square pave, added double claw prongs and plunked my asscher into the setting. I couldn't quite capture the Cartier shank though. The whole thing is amateurish, but gets the idea across. I'm sure Irina could do a much better job!

Who are thinking of going to for your work?

Asscher Split Shank Double Claw Design.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m lovin the split shank eye-candy here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results