shape
carat
color
clarity

Info on Asscher cuts in Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

agreen183

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m looking for an engagement ring in Atlanta. I''ve been thinking about getting an Asscher cut at around 1.5kt with E color at VS2. Can anyone give me some advise about the Depth/Table, and what I should look for or look out for with Asscher cuts.

Thank you!!!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey agreen183, welcome to PriceScope!

I think the AGA charts will help you, when you look at the standards for the Emerald (asscher being like a square emerald), it helped me with my box radiant!

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc2.asp

I say for a premium quality stone stick to a depth of 70% or under, and a table of about 68% or under...That's just a more efficient cut that makes a better sparkle in my opinion. Either way, you have to see the stones! Good luck!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If you want to compare a generic 'asscher' square-emerald with a branded Royal Asscher so you can compare the visual effect, I think Mednikow Jewelers is in your area.

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 3/16/2004 12:38:56 PM agreen183 wrote:

Hi, I'm looking for an engagement ring in Atlanta. I've been thinking about getting an Asscher cut at around 1.5kt with E color at VS2. Can anyone give me some advise about the Depth/Table, and what I should look for or look out for with Asscher cuts.

Thank you!!!
----------------

Welcome to PS, too, agreen183!

I have heard of people mentioning Solomon Brothers in Atlanta, too. In fact there is a contact name thrown in, too. I wish I remember which post it was.

I second Nicrez's suggestions on depth and table proportions. Another thing to note is that depth # is greater than table #.

Is the color and clarity preferences a set/cultural one? If you are sensitive to color.. you can probably go to F and would still be OK. Otherwise for some folks G or H is plenty white.
2.gif

Good luck with your search!

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
I JUST GOT MY ASSCHER TODAY
appl.gif

Now I have to try not to let her know until 04/04/04 when i am gonna pop the question

SOMER from Solomon Bros is who helped me....

Direct -404-926-3586

800-275-4475 will work too

Mine is a

1.09 G VS2

5.67 x 5.74 x 3.95

depth 69.7%

table 59%

VG Polish

G Sym

APPRAISAL from D ATLAS notes EXCELLENT BRILLIANCY

If you do a search under my name you will see a post where i list the avgs of depths and tables from the royal asscher site ......I think i got an EXCELLENT DEAL $3691.00

I had a tiffany setting made for it.....

NOW IF SOMEONE can TELL ME HOW TO POST PICS(take the pics they are all coming out blurry ...I have a 3.3 megapixel camera with auto focus)

If you want to see pics help me out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results