shape
carat
color
clarity

Info for Hoofbeats

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

You asked me to start a new thread after I received the split shank setting.

It came yesterday while I was at the office.
7.gif
I sent my husband to the PO this morning to pick it up. :)

First impressions - it''s quite solid. The metalwork is nice. The diamonds are very sparkly and look white; but again, like the American Set ring, I can''t tell the quality since they are small. I''m going to my jeweler on Thursday, so I can ask him what he thinks about them.

I''ve been wearing it around the house with no stone...it''s really pretty. :)

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Karee! Will you post some real life pictures? I can''t wait to hear what your jeweler said. I think this will be beneficial info for other people as well. I know another PSer that was liking your setting alot. So please post pics!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this an LOGR setting?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m curious now - who made the setting?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Ok - where did Karee go?? She will have to correct me if I''m wrong. But she posted about this setting in one of her threads. But she didn''t say where she was getting it from. here. She can correct me if that is not right. I''d love to see real life pics! Karee where are you??

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, thanks. Now I''m curious about where she bought it.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh! Sorry I disappeared like that, I was pretty sick during the second half of the week. I didn''t get a chance to go to the jeweler for the setting, but I should be able to go within the next few days. I''ll keep you posted!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2009 12:01:59 PM
Author: karee888
Ahh! Sorry I disappeared like that, I was pretty sick during the second half of the week. I didn''t get a chance to go to the jeweler for the setting, but I should be able to go within the next few days. I''ll keep you posted!!
I''m so sorry.
7.gif
Hope you are feeling much better now.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
karee - do you have an update?

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 10:11:28 AM
Author: hoofbeats95

karee - do you have an update?

Hey! yeah, sorry, I had forgotten about this. :)

My jeweler said they were not VS/G, but probably SI/H. They still sparkled a lot, and I wouldn''t have known otherwise.

Unfortunately, I have since decided that split shanks look dumb on me and I am returning it. I am so sad, because I have wanted a split shank for months.
38.gif

We''ll see how difficult it is to return, given the other things people have mentioned about returning things to China...grr.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
What? It looks dumb? No way! What size stone does it fit?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think split shanks are gorgeous. I have 3 split shank rings including my ering but they all have itsy bitsy splits.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I have semi-short fingers. I think a smaller split would look much better. This one is wide and makes my finger looks super short.

It will hold a 6.5-7.0mm round stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results